Anyone using PVA Cayuga bullets?

I have a friend who bought some of their bullets for a 22 creedmoor and a 2 ft square piece of cardboard was pretty safe at 200 yds the bullets looked really good but it was like double ought buck at 40 yards group same gun shoots Bergers and hammers in a quarter at 200 we tried every different load we had powder for and gave up after 100 shells. David

I have a friend who bought some of their bullets for a 22 creedmoor and a 2 ft square piece of cardboard was pretty safe at 200 yds the bullets looked really good but it was like double ought buck at 40 yards group same gun shoots Bergers and hammers in a quarter at 200 we tried every different load we had powder for and gave up after 100 shells. David
Well that sucks

The 70gr 22 cal bullets need a 7tw barrel or things go to hell.

The 70gr 22 cal bullets need a 7tw barrel or things go to hell.
His is a 7 twist it blows up 73 grain cup and core bullets about 50 ft out of the barrel that's why we tried these they make perfect round holes at 200 but would shoot one high right next might 14 inches low left sometimes wouldn't even hit paper. David

I shot some 170 Cayugas and the advertised bc of .77 is totally bs..
I tested extensively out beyond 1k and had to drop the bc down to .64 to match my drops.
Also they weighed 168 grains not 170, super weird

Terminal performance tests looked absolutely terrible with just the tip breaking off, and literally no expansion

These new 195gr 30ncal badlands bulldozer 2s sure look beautiful though! 345g7 needs a 10tw. Now just need to get my new 300wsm brass and get these things going!

Attachments

• 20210126_152201.jpg
    20210126_152201.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 283
These new 195gr 30ncal badlands bulldozer 2s sure look beautiful though! 345g7 needs a 10tw. Now just need to get my new 300wsm brass and get these things going!
Those do look beautiful!
I went to their site and see there's a 205 super bulldozer with a .775 g1, I have an 8 twist 30 nosler in the works that I might have to try them in.
Do you know anything about the bulldozer 2 bullets?
I've heard the original bulldozers use really hard copper and don't expand real great at long range

Those do look beautiful!
I went to their site and see there's a 205 super bulldozer with a .775 g1, I have an 8 twist 30 nosler in the works that I might have to try them in.
I've heard the original bulldozers use really hard copper and don't expand real great at long range
Your source for info on the Badlands Precision bullets.

I will be testing these out next season. The 170's out of a 7.5 twist 7 Sherman max, and the 151's out of a 8.5 twist 7mm rem mag, and maybe another one that will remain un-named at the moment. I will give them an transparent, fair, varied and unbiased chance. Should include a few elk, a few deer, and a bunch of pronghorn.

So far we have only taken one animal with them, a yearling calf elk with the 126 .277 bullet. Was shot in it's bed high shoulder, and did not get out of it's bed, entrance and good sized exits, two different holes, my guess is from the nose petals. This is only one animal, I won't pass judgment, good or bad, on any bullet after just one animal, I prefer about 10 or more, so I'm still open on them. This next season will speak the truth for me. I'll likely make a thread with bc testing, load data, and terminal performance reports for them like I did the 147 eld-m's and the Badland Precision Bulldozers (which I will be testing the .338 250 Super Bulldozer 2 out of my .338 NM this next year as well).

Communication with Josh has given me no complaints so far, he has been responsive to answer questions and willing to talk. I have only worked with him on the bullets, no gunsmithing stuff, so I cannot speak for that. Not discounting anyone else's experience, just stating mine.

Those do look beautiful!
The hollow point is segmented, Jason calls it the death star. Here's expansion on the 195 with stated vo's. The Cayugas don't expand, the open a little then tumble.

Attachments

• received_384827449617000.jpeg
    received_384827449617000.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 261
  • received_405365340597346.jpeg
    received_405365340597346.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 281
Those do look beautiful!
The one bullet I recovered of Badlands. .338 cal 270 SBD Bull elk at upper 800 yard range. Impact velocity around 2130 fps. Hoping the new ones open a little better. Also part of why I switched to the 250 vs the 270.
20201019_152550.jpg
I will say, other animals taken had good performance. This one was just a little odd. The elk did drop in it's tracks from the front of shoulder/neck junction impact.

Last edited:
The one bullet I recovered of Badlands. .338 cal 270 SBD Bull elk at upper 800 yard range. Impact velocity around 2130 fps. Hoping the new ones open a little better. Also part of why I switched to the 250 vs the 270. View attachment 245884 I will say, other animals taken had good performance. This one was just a little odd. The elk did drop in it's tracks from the front of shoulder/neck junction impact.
Yeah that expansion scares me for long range

The hollow point is segmented, Jason calls it the death star. Here's expansion on the 195 with stated vo's. The Cayugas don't expand, the open a little then tumble.
Thanks thats great to see they expand well below 1700 fps, what did you shoot them into for your test?