Anyone using Leukotape for blisters?

Lpart

Anyone using this tape for blisters? If so you, how are using it? Do you also use the Cover-Roll Stretch with it or do use just use the Leukotape? Heel, toes, bottom of foot?

Anyone using this tape for blisters? If so you, how are using it? Do you also use the Cover-Roll Stretch with it or do use just use the Leukotape? Heel, toes, bottom of foot?
I have used Leukotape quite a bit in the past and I must say that the stuff stays on as long as you want it to and it does work. One word of caution - I left it on once for 4 days and developed a rash under the tape. I guess I had a minor reaction to the adhesive so now I always take it off at the end of the day.

Works well and doesn't fall off. Used it on heels mainly and a couple times with a little chunk of moleskin for extra padding.

Shave any hair you have around your ankles toes etc, otherwise imagine pulling duck tape off with your hair on it.

I preventionally tape on every overnight or multi day trip. I tape my heels..run a 8"-10" strip from the bottom of your heel up your Achilles. Then cut 2 roughly 4-5" strips and run those horizontally across the back of your heel and Achilles are where you would normally get blisters. I also carry a half roll with me on most trips but have never had to retape myself, but have used it a few times on my hunting partners who developed blisters. It's good stuff.

Yes. Awesome stuff. I also use kinesio Tex tape. One of them comes w a removable backing so u can carry small amounts w you. It's what I use to cover my guns cheek piece.
If I need it to last days, I'll clean the area w alcohol then apply. There's a great book about foot care: FIXING YOUR FEET. Worth the read if u have blister problems.

The first few times I used it I still acquired blisters. I then tried doubling it up and it worked great. Sometimes I will even put 3 layers. Haven't even had any irritation since. Last trip was 5 days and 36 miles with a pack in steep terrain and it stayed in place the whole time. Even after walking barefoot through a stream. I keep a roll on hand all the time.

I'm a physiotherapist. Blisters are layers of your epidermis separating due to too much shearing of the skin. In simple terms things are rubbing implying your foot is moving inside your boot. This is a problem with the fit of the boot on your foot. All of the suggestions to help protect the skin are good ones however the root cause is your foot not fitting your boot properly. You may want to get a good set of custom foot orthotics made or look at a new style of boot that incorporates a rocker into the sole? Sore feet are a pain in the ***!!

Saved my buddy on a hunting trip. He was starting a hotspot. Threw it on and climbed 1000' ft and 3 miles out. No extra tape or padding. It didn't come off until we left 4 days later.

Mole skin. Buy that stuff and never look back. Used it on 12 and 18 mile rucks with 60 pounds of gear and a rifle.

+1 for old fashioned mole skin.
I use liner socks as well, for hikes and that tends to keep the mole skin in the pack.
In the Spring and Fall, hunting, it's panty hose, instead of liner socks. Laugh all you want, but I haven't had a tick below the waste, in years.

I'm a physiotherapist. Blisters are layers of your epidermis separating due to too much shearing of the skin. In simple terms things are rubbing implying your foot is moving inside your boot. This is a problem with the fit of the boot on your foot. All of the suggestions to help protect the skin are good ones however the root cause is your foot not fitting your boot properly. You may want to get a good set of custom foot orthotics made or look at a new style of boot that incorporates a rocker into the sole? Sore feet are a pain in the ***!!

What do you suggest for blisters on the balls of your feet? That is where I have the biggest problem, and also on the bottom of my big toe.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.