Anyone using a tactical bipod for hunting?

OregonHunter2

Official LRH Sponsor
With all the crossover now between traditional hunting rifles, long range rifles, and tactical setups, I was wondering if any of you are using these more tactical focused bipods for hunting?

I'm Jake, an avid hunter and Oregon based rep for Spartan Precision Equipment. We recently launched a new bipod called the Valhalla that is designed to blend hunting and tactical applications. Since we're a small company with the ability to make changes, if you let me know your initial thoughts, we could incorporate these ideas into future developments for you. My question is whether this bipod would be useful to this backcountry focused group of hunters and shooters?

Valhalla rifle.jpg

I use an Atlas if that counts... it's the lighter one... and I run the quick release on my pic rail so I don't carry it on the rifle. I will probably be trying one of your bipods out just to see how the spigot setup works. I've had quite a few people asking me about incorporating a spigot on my arca rails or arca+pic rails so they could be used with Spartan bipods.

I use an Atlas if that counts... it's the lighter one... and I run the quick release on my pic rail so I don't carry it on the rifle. I will probably be trying one of your bipods out just to see how the spigot setup works. I've had quite a few people asking me about incorporating a spigot on my arca rails or arca+pic rails so they could be used with Spartan bipods.
PM me and I'll see if we can get you set up with one

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.