anyone used the Vortex viper scopes?

Yes, they are excellent scopes!! The glass, mechanics, knobs, clicks, fit and finish are better than the price point they reside at. The only reason I've taken a return on one was the 4-12x40 stated 92MOA on their website but it is only 57 MOA....whoops.

Otherwise, lots of satisfaction with Vortex Vipers, and Vortex the company. 2009 promises to be their biggest and best year ever.

We have many in stock and would love to help you.

Scott

nathank;

I bought one last month and am very pleased! Scott (Liberty Optics) set me up with the 6.5-20x44 w/BDC reticle for my R700P MLR in .338 Lapua. Used a 20' rail and IOR rings - easy setup.

Thus far, I have put 100 rounds through the rifle and the scope has performed flawlessly. Great features and glass for the money! I really like the zero-set knobs. The clicks are firm, the glass crisp, and the magnification fantastic! As soon as I can get a little more time, I plan to post some pictures of the view through the scope. Until then, all I can tell you is - this scope is a great value, with a great warranty.

I believe you will be very pleased with one.

Walt gun)

Yes, they are excellent scopes!! The glass, mechanics, knobs, clicks, fit and finish are better than the price point they reside at. The only reason I've taken a return on one was the 4-12x40 stated 92MOA on their website but it is only 57 MOA....whoops.

Otherwise, lots of satisfaction with Vortex Vipers, and Vortex the company. 2009 promises to be their biggest and best year ever.

We have many in stock and would love to help you.

Scott

Any chance we see a tactical version with a 30mm tube in 2009 from Vortex?

We will see a tactical version, not sure of specifics...I think they were leaning toward a bigger tube for more travel.

Is this likely to be a Shot Show thing or later in the year? I have an idea on a new Varmint rifle build after the first of the year and I think one of these scopes might suit it well.

...and I might get to go to the SHot Show this year if I have the vacation time, so curious about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.