Anyone use the Krestel WInd Meters

Ian M

Jeff,
I have both the 2000 and 4000 and would definitely suggest the 2000, unless you really feel the need to tinker. Bottom line is wind velocity and temp for 90% of the LR shooting we do since we always shoot at the same locations. Also check the new Bruntons, they just changed the name and shape and are much smaller than the Kestrals.

Sounds like those son's of yours know how to buy old Dad a decent Christmas present! I am sure that your family is getting excited about the upcoming Christmas.

Looking at the all in one do everything Krestel wind meter. The one that gives all the diffeent conditions outside such as wind, temp, barametic pressure, humidity and all the other bells and whistles.

Pro's and cons on this device. Gotta use all my cabales gift cards after x-mas on something.
wink.gif

Yes, go with the 4000. It has everything.

There was a guy on ebay - Jim's weather store or Jim the weatherman or something like that. He had great prices.

[ 12-13-2003: Message edited by: John M. ]

John & Ian,

Thanks for the feedback on the wind meters and yes Ian I'm very blessed to have my three boys and telling them and the rest of my family that gift cards from Cabales and Bass Pro shop makes it real easy to Christmas shop for dad.

From my family to yours, I would like to wish everyone a very safe and Happy Holiday Season. God Bless Everyone!

Jeff,
We were just blessed with our first grandchild so this is going to be a very special Christmas. A little girl so I may never receive as much "guy" type wisdom from her as you are getting, but I am fortunate to have the loan of your boys as a backup source for the tough questions - right!

wink.gif
Might have to ask their opinion on a new rifle I am itching for - how about a T/C Encore in .50 BMG with a 16" barrel - wondering if I should get the barrel flutted to cut down on weight - also wonder if a recoil pad would be necessary - which bullet would unzip a bear better - the 750 Barnes or the 750 Hornady A-Max - would a person need a muzzlebreak or is it better to have all that blast going forward with the bullet? Hoping for a 5 1/2 pound carry-gun, not sure how to hold a scope on it tho - maybe silversoldering it permanently to the top of the barrel?

Just joking. I was just at some outfitter conventions and listened to too many bear stories.

Wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season.

We have a daughter and son-in-law down in Houston now, they are finding quite a change from living in Calgary (never really had to deal with so many critters like snakes, ants, etc. for one thing...)

Many congrats Ian! Or Gramps.
grin.gif
Wish them all the best.
smile.gif

I just about MURDERED my Kestrel 4000 and my Palm Pilot last night, not only once, but TWICE!!

I got done shooting and loaded up in the dark basically, I had my two expensive gadgets laying on the floor in in my Bronco ahead of the back seat. I flipped the seatback forward and thew my three big steel plates in on top of them both!!!!!! It was dark, with burnt out dome light. Well, I got to my dads place, and pulled out my steel plates to show him what the 210 berger holes looked like from the 600 yard shooting. Then I threw all the plates back in on top of those two expensive freaking gadgets one more time!!!!!!!

Got home and went to unload, Ohhhhhhh NO!!!

Long story, but the Palm survived unscathed somehow?????? The Kestrel, well two scratches on the lense, deep gouge in the side of it.... but it still works fine!!!
Whewwwwww!!!! What a Royal Dumba$$!!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Next thing I know, I'll be running over it with the truck! I swear, this thing has 9 lives or something! They're definitely a tough SOB!

What a sinking feeling it was when I left it on the roof of the truck and headed down range to check the target, only to find it missing when I returned to shoot! Lucky to find it again, and in one piece too. Dropping steel plates on them both topped that sinking feeling just a tad though!

Ian

Congrats! I have three children aged 25 to 31 and I am going to become a first-time grandparent, too...in about 10 years! Gee, I wish they would get moving on this project!

PS: Can you register your granddaughter now so we can reach our membership goal?

[ 12-14-2003: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Ian,

Congrats on becoming a grandpap. My oldest will start college next year.

My youngest looked at your request and was a bit perplexed at first. He studied it for a bit and then asked if you had a death wish, or did you just enjoy pain. He thought you'd enjoy having someone take a full swing and hit you in the shoulder with a baseball bat instead pulling that trigger.

He walked off mumbling something. I laughed like hell.

Thanks for the laugh.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts