Anyone use Oregon Pack Works packs?

pburton

I am currently in the market for a new pack. A good friend of mine just bought an Oregon Pack Works pack and has been trying to talk me into getting one. Anyone have any experience with these packs. Some reviews would be nice.
Thanks

I have used their packs and other items and they are very rugged and well built. You may give up a couple of ounces of weight for their material, but they are tough. On top of that, they really have made it so versatile you can either pack in for over a week, or pack for a day or pack game out. It comes apart and can be put together in many different configurations. I have several packs from other companies and now are used to let my friends use them if they don't have a pack as my Oregon Pack Works pack does it all. Seriously, consider looking carefully at all the things you can do with that pack and if your lucky enough, try one on and see how weightless it feels with the suspension configuration they have.
OK, don't want to sound like a commercial, but they are a tough, well designed pack made for hunters.
Flip Freeman
Bend, Oregon

I am a former Army Ranger and I live and hunt all over Oregon. I have worn a few packs and I think you looking at a good one. I purchased the this pack two years ago and love it. My hunting partner also bought one after seeing mine in action. They may seem a bit complicated to switch between configurations at first but if you just practice at it a few times they are actually very simple. The material is super, they're very comfortable, they're build tough, and they are just plain functional from in my experience.

I'm also partial to them being built in Oregon and Karl is not the typical salesman pushing a product. He just seems to want to get you into a pack that will work well for you, and probably hopes that this is it. I believe that he wants the product to sell itself and I like that philosophy. When I found Oregon Packworks I was specifically looking for an expandable pack or something that could pack a fair amount of meat but be worn as a daypack so this pack was one of only a few choices. I think I've chosen well. If your shopping around you'll see they are priced very well too.

This is my honest opinion and I'm not associated with the company besides being a happy customer.

If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me. I'm live in Springfield/Eugene area so if you close I can show it to you.

John

Thanks for the honest reviews. I had never even heard of this company or these packs until a couple weeks ago. Luckily my friend just got his. So I'll at least be able to look at one and try it on before I decide.

I have the Orion and I am very happy with it. This is the most versatile pack I have ever owned. I have used it for everything from pack ins to day trips. Like the other poster said it can seem a bit complicated at first but once you play with it a couple of times you will realize how easy it is to change it into many different configurations. I have had mine for a little over a year and I have used it in some configuration almost every week. I am a horse owner and I even figured out how to configure into a set of saddle bags which I made a video of, if you want to see it just search "Oregon Pack Works Saddle" on YouTube and it will come up as one of the first videos. One other thing I like about this pack is the protection of investment since the pack is modular and you can order the items for it individually if any part does wear out (everything wears out sometime no matter how good its built if you use it enough) you can replace the parts that wear out without having to invest in whole pack over again. One last thing Karl is great if you do have a problem with the pack or just a question he is very helpful and quick to respond.

P.S the Bino Bros not only are a great way to carry a set of Binos but they also work great to carry a small lure box for fishing.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.