Anyone use bruno shooter supply

I was in there last week and they said they were 7 days behind on filling orders and weren't answering the phones, just trying to take care of the customers that had already ordered. I know they got in a big shipment of Hodgdon powder and ( Federal primers which they way OVER priced ) I picked up some Varget at 30 bucks a pound.
Tarey

There has been a tremendous amount of binge buying since the recent anti-gun proposals in Congress and some states became public. Powder Valley will take no backorders, and their out of stock items in components is about 75%. My son was at Cabelas on Saturday, and they had no loaded ammo nor components. Hornady says they have 3 shifts working and cannot keep up with demand.

Some folks have reported Brunos is surcharging orders without telling the customer. Watch closely their S&H charges. I have not ordered from them in a long time; cannot verify those comments.

I believe it will take a long time to get the component flow back to normal.

Last edited:
I was just in Bruno's this morning. It took a while to check out as every warm body in that store is assembling and packing mail orders in all available floor and counter areas of the store.

I should have taken a few pictures to show how insane this whole thing has gotten.

I finally got an e-mail from Lester that my stuff would be shipping. I can understand the pressure from the present climate but not responding just increases the pressure.

This is my first post and I have really enjoyed reading the posts from the members of this forum. I hope to contribute to the discussions. I understand how the crazy rush to buy ammo and reloading supplies can cause a backlog for online dealers. I do think that a little more communication about order status should be made a priority. I also I ordered 3 boxes of 175gr 308 SMK bullets from Bruno Shooter Supply on 2/18 and have not heard anything other than an email acknowledging my order. Their website listed them as being in stock when I ordered. It would help if I knew that Bruno actually had them in stock when I orderded and would ship them eventually or if my order was placed on back order. I also ordered 100 pieces of Laupa 308 brass from Butch's Reloading Supplies on the same day, Monday 2/18 and received them on Friday 2/22. That is great customer service. Maybe my Match Kings will ship soon, if they were indeed in stock when I ordered.

Brunos will come through... A little while back i got frustrated and upset about not getting a confirmation email and not being able to get ahold of them at all. Within a week I recieved my order and I apoligized for my upset over the customer service and communication. They are busy as all hell.

I ordered some things from them 3 weeks ago and have still not received anything from them. Shows its in stock but I doubt it at this point

same thing with me, I placed and order for 338 lapua bullets 3 weeks ago, site said they were instock, and still have not been e-mailed a shipping conformation. My card has not been charged tho. Tried calling 4-5 times but I think the phone lines are disconnected.

I ordered a bunch of powder that said it was in stock ... about $400 worth.. but no shipping info yet and no charge on my account. i just emailed them again to see whats up.... ill keep you posted......... my buddy has same issue :(.......... no bigy stuff happens...:)

Yep me too. Ordered about $250 in powder that they had just recieved on 2-22 and were listed as instock. I have not heard anything from them as of yet other than my automated order confirmation. There phones are shut down. I hope they are able to ship. I have sent them two emails with no reply. I would just really like to know if I should still be searching for powder somewhere else or if I will receive my order. Not trying to hurry them just would like to know if it's going to happen.

Got an e-mail from Lester and then my stuff showed up two weeks later with everything in it. I will reorder again from them but with the expectation I don't need in the immediate future. I biased toward shops like Bruno because they represent Americana and small business but it can be frustrating at times.

I ordered from them back in late January. There was a disclaimer on their site that they were very busy and were at least a week behind in getting orders out the door. I received my order in about the time that I expected given the anticipated delay. I checked and my card was not charged until I got the notice that my order shipped. The wait for my rifle to be done is already killing me so I guess I didn't feel the pain of waiting for this order:D

I have just received a powder order from a couple of weeks ago, but then it was HAZMAT. I couldn't get the powder from anyone else. I think they probably have a backlog of orders.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.