Anyone use a rolling pack?

I would expect that it would work great on a fairly good trail. Makes sense but I don't thing you would be going cross country.

Randy

I like the looks of it for training as I only have so many miles left in my back. Around here there are quite a few gated roads it could work on.

What jumps out at me for hunting use, is what happens with snow, or mud on the ground?

I tried a one wheel game carrier once to get an elk out. Even with two people, it barely worked and wore us both out. It got used for one load out and we switched to packs. It got returned. It would have worked very well on a dirt road going flat or down hill though. There's some videos on the mfg's website. Looks like it's only designed to haul 50 lbs. Videos address snow and sand. I'm questioning how it would be going up something steep , down something steep and if there was a tendency to drift off trail when sidehilling.

Thanks guys, I guess I will just keep my current "old" style setup until I can't do it anymore.

I knew if it was any good, someone here would have used it.

I think it looks like a great idea. It shows that if terrain gets too tough you can throw it on like a pack. Not inexpensive. I am fairly sure that it is not ok to use in wilderness areas due to the wheel. I know game carts are not ok in wilderness because they are considered mechanical.

Steve

Thanks guys, I guess I will just keep my current "old" style setup until I can't do it anymore.

Take a look at the Stone Glacier backpack (Solo is the model). Then get yourself a pair of good hiking sticks. Nothing better for light weight, versatility, safety and ease on the old body.

Trust me - I've looked at every option there is to try and extend the time in the mountains against Mother Time.

I would DEFINITELY buy one if she came with it! ;o)

BTW, think how it would feel on the waist belt when the cart tips from side-to-side on rough trails. (But if "she" was along I'd likely not even notice it.)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts