Anyone tried the new 'Gel' powder?

royinidaho

This is some great stuff.

Gel propellant is a new concept in propellant and it's great to see a 'major' company behind it.

Simple to use. Just put the case on the scale and squirt some in. Under charge then fine tune with an eye dropper.

Burn rate on the one I tested is about like H-1000/Retumbo.

It doesn't seem to affect the primer either.

ES and SD are smaller than I have ever experience.

The real kicker is that the final step in its process is to insert the little plastic tube (about like the tube that comes with WD-40) down through the gel to the flash hole.

When the "tube" is removed there is a hole from the flash hole to the top of the 'gel'. This does two things.

1. prevents "bridging" effect
2. Provides Forward Ignition.

It appears that all of the propellant burns in the case. (Cases are hot as w/an AR)
Burning appears to be progressive giving a unique 'recoil' sensation. (As in a longer push).

This stuff in gonna be what we have been looking for.

. Guess what day it is...:D:D:D:cool:

Len/Dick - trash this if you wish.....Just couldn't help myself....

Last edited:
dam it Roy, I just spent a half hour on Google trying to find some info on this wonderous stuff, then I noticed the date!

Good one! :D

Aww dang it! Your killin me...! I was browsing the new posts and was talking to my mom, cut off midsentance and read this. Then noticed the date. So thanks, ****ed off my mom and no new gel H1000 with frontal ignition :D

. Guess what day it is...:D:D:D:cool:

Len/Dick - trash this if you wish.....Just couldn't help myself....

As soon as I saw who it was and what it was and took into consideration what day it is.................I knew somebody in Idaho had some spare time on his hands.:):)

Dawgonnit Roy! Im sittin here reading this..........''post''.........thinking to myself, what the.....how come Ive never hered of this?....well its on L/R/H, AND THERES SOME CUTTING EDGE GUYS HERE.........but this cant be possible...what about the primer....(answewed).....how would you charge the case consistantly.....(answered).....then the ''wd 40 straw'' and recoil comment.....You rotten, sick, sideways, twisted,caniving,EVIL,(not to mention SUPERGLUE SNIFFING RAT!!) .....You just dont do that to a guy!
Good one. But your no longer my hero!:)

Guess thats what I get for having you and cutting edge in the same thought prosess. Shame on me! hahaha

He, he, good one Roy, I have heard several major ammo manufacturers use the stuff though!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.