Anyone tried Reloader 15.5?

Haven't shot mine yet.Health problems are slowing me down.
Our range does match shooting and they wouldn't let me in when I could go as they were getting things range ready for the match.
Thats ok as cooler weather is on the way.

Just got started testing TS15.5 in my Creedmoor, firing just 2 rounds at each charge weight. 43.0 gr of TS15.5 under a 130 Sierra TMK got 3,070 ft/sec in a 26" bbl. 43.5 exceeded 3,100 ft/sec but had tight bolt lift and ejector swipe.

At the 42.0gr charge I did not get a reading on the Labradar but the bullets printed 1.9" at 416yds. All of the 2-shot groups had a SD of 5 or 6.

FWIW - I was using SRP Lapua brass.

Last edited:
So I'm very interested in this powder.
I'm using varget in my 6.5 creed with 124gr hammer hunter. Now they offer the 123 absolute that gains some serious speed. Now after my testing in two other calibers with the absolutes I realized they also can take a bit faster powder maybe one or two spots faster on the scale with similar file rates.
So I bought a bunch of rl15 for the 123gr hoping it would be like everyone else's results of more speed in the creed. But now the temp thing has me rethinking it as it's not as stable as varget.
But this 15.5 may be the ticket but seems to be in the same burn rate as varget and just a bit slower than 15 if memory serves me.

Sounds like you found a great load Varmint Hunter.
I have 30-06 loaded and ready to try with Hammer Hunter 152 gr with Several loads but I expect my highest load might be too much

varmint, how does that compare to rl15?
Gain speed? Same or haven't you tried it. That bullet weight might provide some good insight for me.
I only sport a 22" tube so I may not get those speeds but gives me an idea.
Thanks

varmint, how does that compare to rl15?
Gain speed? Same or haven't you tried it. That bullet weight might provide some good insight for me.
I only sport a 22" tube so I may not get those speeds but gives me an idea.
Thanks
I never used RE15 in the Creed. Potentially, the TS15.5 could produce velocities with the 130gr bullet that exceed RE26. Actually, it already has. I'll be very interested to see what I can achieve with TS15.5 and the 135 Berger Classic Hunter bullet. Naturally, accuracy trumps velocity so it will take me awhile to see what the potential of this new powder is.

Not sure what I'll do with my PRC now that the little Creedmoor is shooting at 3,000 ft/sec with much less powder and recoil. :>)

Your 22" barrel should be fine with TS15.5 in the Creed.

I gotta ask WTH are you finding any RL powders in stock let alone ANY popular rifle powders? I check every day for RL15, IMR4064, 3031 and 4831 and have yet to find any in stock.
Love to try some RL15.5 in my 308win