Anyone tried Reloader 15.5?

I was hoping this would fall around LVR/CFE223 burn rates/pressures. There's a ton of cartridges I shoot that would be "optimal" in that range, but I hate the temperature sensitivity of those two powders, and RL16 is just a tad too slow with the case volume available. Based on Alliant's load data, I would have expected this to be a touch slower than Varget, not so close to RL15. That's really unfortunate.
I was reminded that the percentage of slow or fast is not really known yet.
It may work in cartridges you need it to work.The only way to know is to try it since you have some.
This Saturday morning I am starting on my 30-06 trial loads to see if it's too slow for 152 gr H H.

ormandj I loaded my test rounds and will see what happens.
Steve at Hammer Bullets recommended the 152 gr for my 308 but I got greedy and was thinking of more speed so I loaded the 30-06 with them.
I ran out of bullets and ordered more just a minute ago.152 gr,166 gr,180gr.
I'll post results

I figured that but still I will let you know if I see 15.5 anywhere Carlos88.

bubbaonpc I hope so.Let me know as I have a 6.5 Grendel upper for my ar that shoots great already but if I can get under 123 gr bullet it would be great for better velocity.
Muddyboots posted a sheet about loads for 6.5 Grendel and others.308 shows only bullets 175 gr and up so it may be a bit too slow for the bullets I like like 152 gr Hammer Hunters.Slower powders push larger bullets better in some cases.

It's faster than reloader 16 and slower than 15. It's not "better" but it may be better for some cartridges. What are you reloading?
I suspect that reloder 15.5 is the result of adding decoppering agent and temp control coating to reloder 15 And slowed the burn of reloder 15. This seems to happen to powders where these are added. Im going to compare kernel size between the 2.

I suspect that reloder 15.5 is the result of adding decoppering agent and temp control coating to reloder 15 And slowed the burn of reloder 15. This seems to happen to powders where these are added. Im going to compare kernel size between the 2.
Hello. Actually, this is not related to RL15. This is a faster version of RL16, the kernals look identicle to RL16. The kernels for RL15 are much smaller, and totally different. If I gave you RL15.5 and Rl16 you could not tell the difference with your eye or scale. They are both super bulky powders.
Reloader 15.5 Review

Of course, people probably dont care about 5.56 here. But Valkyrie maybe. This powder, 15.5 is going to be ideal for 6MM cartridges, such as Creedmoor.

I hope this helps you.

Semperfireloading I see this is your first post and a very good one too.Welcome to the best long range shooting forum ever.
Thanks for review link very good reading.The more I read about this powder the more I like it.
By the way Powder Valley re-listed the 15.5 powder and I will watch it like a hawk for myself and a few friends here on this thread,Quite Texan and Carlo88 just to name a couple.I loaded several 30-06 with 152 Hammer Hunters with 15.5 at at different powder weights but have not shot them yet due to health problems.
For those that did not get the Re15.5 keep watching Powder Valley site for a new batch of this powder.