Anyone tried Reloader 15.5?

I have powder model loads loaded up for GRT. Hope to shoot them tomorrow and get the data to Gordon.
That will be awesome, thank you for doing this. I just got six pounds in, and looking very forward to this powder. I am a bit concerned it may be my only six pounds now that PV has entirely delisted it. That seems very odd to me, as well.

I shot the powder model loads yesterday and uploaded the data to GRT. Since RL-15.5 falls between 15 and 16, I used the Reloder 15 powder model as a base for loads in 257AI and 308 Win. What I saw in the chrono results were about a 23 fps decrease in velocity over the prediction for Reloder 15. While this this isnt huge in speed I also saw single digit SD in the 257 loads and low double digit SD in 308mwhich was running heavy neck tension. While I dont know this to be fact, it makes me wonder if Bofors took Reloder 15, added decoppering agent and temp control coating which slowed the burn slightly resulting in Reloder 15.5. I suspect this will be a very good powder for the creedmoors. My next step is to load it in my 250AI and find max pressure.

Last edited:
I shot the powder model loads yesterday and uploaded the data to GRT. Since RL-15.5 falls between 15 and 16, I used the Reloder 15 powder model as a base for loads in 257AI and 308 Win. What I saw in the chrono results were about a 23 fps increase in velocity over the prediction for Reloder 15. While this this isnt huge in speed I also saw single digit SD in the 257 loads and low double digit SD in 308mwhich was running heavy neck tension. While I dont know this to be fact, it makes me wonder if Bofors took Reloder 15, added decoppering agent and temp control coating which slow the burn slightly resulting in Reloder 15.5. I suspect this will be a very good powder for the creedmoors. My next step is to load it in my 250AI and find max pressure.
I was hoping this would fall around LVR/CFE223 burn rates/pressures. There's a ton of cartridges I shoot that would be "optimal" in that range, but I hate the temperature sensitivity of those two powders, and RL16 is just a tad too slow with the case volume available. Based on Alliant's load data, I would have expected this to be a touch slower than Varget, not so close to RL15. That's really unfortunate.

Well done Seabeeken.Mine comes today so I can get into the game and offer some loads too.
Mine is scheduled to be here as well today, must be the Helena drop off day, if it does show today, I'll load up some 6.5cm's with 120 SGD's and 129 Interbonds and see how it performs this weekend. The other load I'm planning on trying is for the 120gr NBT's from a 7mm-08.

By the way Graf's has Peterson 30-06 brass in stock.
I just ordered 2 boxes.
Sockeye I love those Interbond bullets.I have taken a few elk and many many deer with them and like the Accubonds I have never recovered one.
When and if this shortage ever comes to an end I will buy many of the bullets I use as well as powders I need.
I am hearing that before December Hodgen is putting a huge amount of powder on the market and I sure hope that is true.
Forgot to add I need MANY PRIMERS!

Last edited:
Not sure it's made it to the UK yet but I'll be very keen to try some when it does get here! Mainly for .308 but it looks like it could be quite versatile for other cartridges as well.

Right now I am getting ready to load 30-06 with 152 gn Hammer Hunters.
Reloader 15 max load in the newest Hornady manual is 55.8 but I will start in 50.0 and work up.
Since it's slower it would get benefits from a bigger bullet right?Maybe the 152 might be a bit undersize.
I had hope's for 223,308,30-06 and maybe 358 win and 270 but I will see.

Idaho Lefty it's an extruded powder like the Re15 I have but the kernels in the TS 15.5 are smaller in diameter which would make it easier to run through a powder trickle or auto trickle device I would think..