Anyone shooting the 7mm 180gr JLK's?

JARHEAD1371

I'm looking at picking up some 7mm 180 gr JLK bullets for my SAUM. Does anyone have any experience with these bullets? Is the .735 BC correct? I'm currently shooting 168 gr Bergers and I'm looking at upgrading. I have plenty of barrel twist (8.6) so stabilizing the bullet isn't an issue. Can I expect similar damage on game from the JLK as I get with the Bergers? Any info is appreciated.

I just received 3 boxes of the 180 gr JLKs. Have not had a chance to try them yet. I was told, however, that I got the last of that batch. The next run is supposed to be in July. Order them now to be sure to get them.

I have had excellent results with the 180 JLK's. Most of my 7mm rifles show a preference for the JLK's. I don't believe that the .735 BC is accurate. However they do require less elevation than the 180 Berger VLD's but not a lot. I like them enough that I currently have 2250 of them. They seem to be easier to get to shoot than the Berger's but not quite as easy to get to shoot as the 175 SMK's.
Your mileage may vary.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.