Anyone shooting a 7-300wsm

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
I don't see any down side to either of the 7-300 or 7WSM. I have both calibers, three by SSG and one 7-300 by DCGS. They all shoot lights out. Brass is much easier to source in the 7-300 but I have not had an issue getting brass for the 7WSM. I have had great luck with three bullets. The VLD, Accubond LR and the Game King, all around 180 grains. My dad loves his with my hand loads of the GK. I prefer the ABLR and my buddy shoots the VLD. Out to 1000 yards, they are all effective on game. Both are basically identical in my eyes (Yes I know the ballistics are slightly different) but for a very accurate round, with devastating terminal ballistics, the calibers are great to shoot. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. Good luck. Neither decision will be the wrong one.

I don't see any down side to either of the 7-300 or 7WSM. I have both calibers, three by SSG and one 7-300 by DCGS. They all shoot lights out. Brass is much easier to source in the 7-300 but I have not had an issue getting brass for the 7WSM. I have had great luck with three bullets. The VLD, Accubond LR and the Game King, all around 180 grains. My dad loves his with my hand loads of the GK. I prefer the ABLR and my buddy shoots the VLD. Out to 1000 yards, they are all effective on game. Both are basically identical in my eyes (Yes I know the ballistics are slightly different) but for a very accurate round, with devastating terminal ballistics, the calibers are great to shoot. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. Good luck. Neither decision will be the wrong one.
I have 7x300 wsm it will shoot 1/3rd minute at 1k Berger 180 hunting 3000fps.195 bergers at 2950 same type accuracy. That said my freind has 7 saum that will do the same thing with slightly less powder if I did it again I would do 7 saum. What ever you do use a long action to seat bullets out were they belong. You might also look at 7 Sherman short it sounds very good

I've been thinking about replacing my 28 nosler barrel with a more mild but capable 7mm, I've considered just going 7 rem mag but the 7-300 wsm might be more efficient with less recoil... plus there's no belt.
Looking to shoot 180's at or above 2950 without a brake, any feedback on the 7-300/270 wsm would be great.
Seems like it would be super simple running 270 wsm cases through a 7mm mandrel, and that brass is cheap and plentiful.
I have gone through a few 7mm/300WSM barrels in F class target shooting now but have switched back to a 7 SAUM for competition due to SAUM handling longer shot strings better and more consistent accuracy. BUT I certainly intend to keep all of my brass and dies for a long range hunting/plinking rifle. I have used the Norma and Nosler 300WSM and 270 WSM brass and have no preference for either, all is nice quality and consistent.

I have also used quite a bit of Winchester brass which can help with more velocity due to more internal volume and being slightly tougher. It is consistent enough and has worked well in my competition guns when I had troubles with pressure getting to the node.
I usually shot 180gn bullets at 3050-3080 FPS. Barrel life was too short for me for competition but would certainly not be an issue for hunting/plinking.

I have gone through a few 7mm/300WSM barrels in F class target shooting now but have switched back to a 7 SAUM for competition due to SAUM handling longer shot strings better and more consistent accuracy. BUT I certainly intend to keep all of my brass and dies for a long range hunting/plinking rifle. I have used the Norma and Nosler 300WSM and 270 WSM brass and have no preference for either, all is nice quality and consistent.

I have also used quite a bit of Winchester brass which can help with more velocity due to more internal volume and being slightly tougher. It is consistent enough and has worked well in my competition guns when I had troubles with pressure getting to the node.
I usually shot 180gn bullets at 3050-3080 FPS. Barrel life was too short for me for competition but would certainly not be an issue for hunting/plinking.
Thanks
I just got my 7-300 wsm barrel, would you mind sharing your load data and specs

Thanks
I just got my 7-300 wsm barrel, would you mind sharing your load data and specs
Now that I have moved to a SAUM, I don't have exact records anymore from my numerous 7mm/300WSM barrels, but I was using 180gn Bergers in 31-32" barrels. With H4831sc I was using around 65gns and with H1000 about 68gns to reach 3050fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.