Anyone seen the new Amer. Ridfe Co. NUCLEUS action?

Litehiker

On the 6.5 Creedmoor site there is a post on the new NUCLEUS three lug bolt action. It has a BIG rotating extractor claw and three bolt guide rails among other niceties. Plus it fits stocks and chassis made for the Remington 700 action. My mouth is watering...

Anyone actually seen this beast in the flesh?

Eric B.

The interchangeable bolt heads ,switch barrel set up if wanted with only one 5/32 hex key, tabbed recoil lug, adjustable firing pin protrusion, and the smaller firing pin diameter for small and large primers are all very appealing features. Thier Mausingfield action has also caught my eye as well.

When mine shows up later this year I'll give the rundown on it. As a CRF fan there was no way I could pass up adding a CRF three lug action to my safe.

I pre-ordered one and plan to build a short rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor as a compliment to my heavy Mausingfield target rifle in .300 Win Mag. Also bought the .223 bolt head and Barloc so I can switch barrels and run a .223, .300 BO or .22-250 barrel on it as well for added versatility.

When mine shows up later this year I'll give the rundown on it. As a CRF fan there was no way I could pass up adding a CRF three lug action to my safe.

I pre-ordered one and plan to build a short rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor as a compliment to my heavy Mausingfield target rifle in .300 Win Mag. Also bought the .223 bolt head and Barloc so I can switch barrels and run a .223, .300 BO or .22-250 barrel on it as well for added versatility.

Ditto. Mine's on order. Getting the PVA barreled action deal. Going to mimic a Havak in conception. It was a very rough decision between this and an Axiom.

I also have a Mausingfield LA...dropped a nice Bull Elk with it...

I also have a Nucleus on order for $850...have barrels being made as we type...

Ted rules in my book...

Ditto. Mine's on order. Getting the PVA barreled action deal. Going to mimic a Havak in conception. It was a very rough decision between this and an Axiom.

I'm getting the barrel from PVA but I ordered the action directly from Ted. I went with a medium Palma, which contour and chambering did you go with?

I also have a Mausingfield LA...dropped a nice Bull Elk with it...

I also have a Nucleus on order for $850...have barrels being made as we type...

Ted rules in my book...

Congrats on the bull, I'm east so it's all white tail for me though I'd like to get out west at least once. I have hunted with my Mausingfield twice but being a heavy target rifle at 20 pounds its not well suited for the short range hunting we have here. However they are supposed to clear cut the mountain near us so I might get a chance to stretch it out to 1000, figure the 225gr ELD-M should do a number on them.

I'm getting the barrel from PVA but I ordered the action directly from Ted. I went with a medium Palma, which contour and chambering did you go with?

I went with a Proof Sendero Light finished at 22" in 6.5 PRC. This will be my Western elk gun.

We'll see how it turns out. I've got a Browning X-Bolt that I'm putting a Bartlein fluted #3 in 6.5 Creedmoor finished at 20" barrel on for suppressed woods hunting. I might have PVA spin that barrel as well, but I live just over an hour from Pierce, same from ADCO, so we'll see.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.