Anyone running the SWFA bubble level?

pods8

I was looking to pick up a tube mounted level, I liked to concept of that one. I was curious how well the bubble holds up under firing (I've seen references to some other levels that the bubble breaks apart from the vibration).

I currently have it on my scope. It works fine but there is no visible hash marks; I had to use a sharpie. I'm switching to the Accuracy 1st DG.

I thought that was the selling point of it? The narrow viewing window being the same size as the typical hash marks allowing your eye to center it easier vs looking for the hash mark lines.

Yes, you are correct. The viewing window is narrow. But it still takes me an additional second (or so) to make sure I have the same amount of space on both sides of the bubble and I'd rather have quicker way to insure the bubble is centered.

Okay. This seemingly would be a similar issue with all the designs that are similar to that whether its centering on the frame or hash marks I presume? (I see how the one you are going towards differs in that its curved and lacks a hash mark in the center for the float ball to position off.)

How does the bubble hold up on recoil in your experience?

It holds up fine (my bubble does not break-up under recoil). If that is the style your going for, it is well worth the $30 or so dollars.

Perfect thanks for the feedback. Yeah I was leaning towards that basic style.

If you're planning on selling yours off when you swap shoot me a PM if you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.