anyone running suppressor on 338 lapua

Shane1

Looking for experience with suppressed 338 lapua shooters, what brand, how is the recoil reduction and precision, I'm currently running elite iron on 300wm, Yankee hill and aac on 308 and 6.5 creedmoor. The elite iron is excellent for noise and recoil reduction, no change or slightly improved accuracy, 50 fps velocity increase but they are heavy. Thunder beast would be great but they're very proud of them and the price reflects it. So let me know what your running, how ya like it and would you do it different if you could. Thanks.

I wish I had the money is no object going for me, you wanna adopt me by chance? Lol. Thanks for the response. If it didn't take the atf monkeys 8 months I would not need to put so much time into researching this, just wanna do it once. As far as expense I guess that's one benefit for the rediculous wait, get to make payments. Have you compared to any other brands? SAS titanium isn't priced to bad that's about what I was expecting for titanium.

Close friend of mine, and active duty SEAL, gave me the scoop on what to buy. I learned not to question his experience. He was dead nuts on, and I could not be happier.
Save a little longer, buy once, and be happy....

Glad to hear that Joel I got one 338 and one 308 sas cans that I'm waiting for the government to go let me play with I also had someone highly recommend them

Glad to hear that Joel I got one 338 and one 308 sas cans that I'm waiting for the government to go let me play with I also had someone highly recommend them

You'll be pleased with the Arbiter and the Vengeance. I went with the direct connect, as I don't need to be in a hurry anymore, and the POI shift is minimal.

I use the shark Jaws suppressor. Works great on my 338-408 and my 338 Lapua. Recoil reduction is as good as my pain killer muzzle brake. Point of impact change is minimal on my rifle. Shoots 1 moa low at 100.

I really appreciate the info guys, now the long rediculous wait begins. Once you shoot with a suppressor it's hard not to, I seem to be always forgetting ear protection and People that aren't shooting don't appreciate muzzle breaks much.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts