Anyone receive their Elite back from recall yet?

Mike, maybe it comes from the cam timings. Are you sure they match 100 percent at both sides? And at what ranges you tried to paper tune it ?

Mike, maybe it comes from the cam timings. Are you sure they match 100 percent at both sides? And at what ranges you tried to paper tune it ?

TheGerman, my cam timing seems ok. The string isn't perfectly over the timing mark, but it's the same on both sides. I even measured from the rail to the hole in the cam, and that's equal on both sides also. I'm shooting at 10 yards with a factory bare shaft. I haven't measured cam lean but it looks less now than it was before the recall repair. With the whisker qiscuit you only have one plane of adjustment, so I was thinking about installing the drop away not only for the obvious reasons but for the two planes of adjustment at the rest end. I think by moving the nocking loop out of the true center position, it's causing minor unequal pressures upon release.

I think by moving the nocking loop out of the true center position, it's causing minor unequal pressures upon release.

That is true, never understood why pse recommend his, just because you can't move the biscuit left or right. I also hope to get an drop away rest soon, but its hard to find someone who can ship it to Germany :rolleyes:.

No I didn't use a bare shaft , it was after work on the 2nd and regular hunting season ended on the fourth so I was rushing. I shot at 7ft , 5 yds and 20 yds with a factory PSE arrow. All were perfect. I like to make sure it is stable in flight so I papertune in increments, but of course if the first one is good they usually all are....if all you are getting a 5/8" tear , that's great in the "real world", a fletched arrow should be perfect. Of course you have the people that are going to say they shoot a perfect hole with a bare shaft through a herd of turtles in a 50 mph Siberian crosswind, Blah Blah Blah.... Go to fletched arrows man you are close enough , especially if you've tried and that's as close as you can get it... Don't drive yourself crazy , no fletching contact and good holes, that's great!

I mailed my Tac-Elite-i off December 6, 2013 following return instructions/forms. I read this Forum and anticipated about 30 days to get it back. Today, January 9, 2014 is not too far from the 30 day window. But, I was disappointed that I didn't get even an email acknowledgment from PSE that they had received my Tac-i. I don't even know if it arrived, or if it could be lost in transit, or stolen. To me, that is the qualifying information that is necessary to determine whether to buy from a company or not. If they won't communicate with you that they received a return, then they are too small a company to do what I would consider to be a successful business.

Perhaps I am mistaken and wrong. Maybe my complaint should be with LRH, and how it is that I bought from them, but I have to deal with the manufacturer for returns (but still not getting any feedback about whether my returned item arrived). I don't recall even finding a telephone number for PSE that I could call to try to find out if my bow arrived, as my customer anxiety grew, nor an email address. I searched every link I could find on PSE's web site for a way to contact them and found none. Then, when they dropped the Tac-Elite line, my first throught was that I was screwed and by a company (that didn't intend that, but was out of luck). I could have called LRH, but the Forum suggested I had to wait about 30 days, so I thought I would wait. And now, I don't know what to think other than I was stupid to wait and not, at least, call LRH. I am writing now just to express being perplexed at why any "wanne be" company, online, would try to do business in this way.

I do believe "the system" will work for me, but every day I wish my repaired Tac Elite-i would arrive so that the wait could be settled. Small companies can be great, but they can also be a pain in the ---, when you deal with them via the web and online. On the other hand, every small company I have dealt with online, has had a communication system intact and available to me and each has responded. Why PSE hasn't is a mystery, and now after 33 days of waiting I am beginning to suspect that my return never arrived and now what the h--- am I supposed to do. I guess I have to be my own small company of just me and contact UPS and file a claim that my cross bow was lost in transit (evidenced by my not receiving an email that it arrived) and go from there.

I am not going to say that I am a dissatisfied customer, because my returned and fixed bow may arrive later this evening, or tomorrow, or the next day...and I will be pleased when it arrives. The wait time hasn't bothered me. The only thing that has bothered me is not receiving any communication from PSE.

If any of you readers, who returned your cross bow received a communication from PSE, please reply, so that I can determine what situation I am really in.

Mark Y
Beloit, WI

radarphos;903301... said:
contact UPS and file a claim that my cross bow was lost in transit ...
If you sent your TAC Elite via UPS (United Parcel Service) then you should have gotten a Tracking number. With the UPS Tracking number you can determine if TAC Elite arrived at PSE and date.

When I sent my Tac Elite back, they sent me a UPS electronic shipping label. After I sent it back, I was able to use the tracking number to see when it was received by PSE. I even signed up for tracking updates, which sent me emails, letting me know where my package was. Once my Tac Elite was finished, I received an email letting me know it had been shipped, and had tracking link attached to the email. From the time I sent my Tac Elite in, until I received it back, was only 21 days.

Mark, be patient, your bow will be returned. Shipping probably was delayed because of the Holidays. I sent mine in, and it took roughly one month. I started to worry also, but it showed up. Don't expect an email or a call from PSE, You won't get it. You didn't go wrong by purchasing your Tac from LRH, and it's not their fault in any way, so your complaint should not be with them! They just sell a product. PSE is to blame for this whole situation with an obvious lack of product testing, and worst of all, a lack of communication with their customers.

Got mine back yesterday.. No way this is papertunedArrow rest way to the left, bow is scratched up, stock is cracked, didn't send back my crank, still has fletching contact but is better, 2 of he axle C clips were laying in the bag! I think there is more but I'm at work and don't have my list of problems that I wrote down ...Needless to say I am livid!
What happened to craftsmanship, and pride in what you do? You would think in OUR sport amongst ourselves we would find those traits.... Sad, really is. I feel wronged.
just sad bro....i never sent mine back...did my own fixes...not gonna send it out so they can just raise the cams and rest...pse quality control is in the crapper for sure...best is when my string fell apart after 15 shots cuz of those stupid brass spring speed thingys...i asked the dealer to get me a string without them....he said pse would not do it....so i bought a viper x.. did not have the material to make my own on hand...well...that took about 2 weeks...i chose viper x cuz whenver i ordered one it was in the mail box..like 2 days later...well i get the tac elite string...its 3 inches to short...i come to find out that americas best had bought out viper x...the guy there cant even find the correct length....and he says they are the ones that make all pse high end strings including tac..well have not heard from that guy in a few weeks now...another120bucks into the tac toilet....

If it's any consolation I never got a confirmation of PSE receiving my return either but it did come back, in bad shape though. So they 3day select shipped me a brand new one. I just left the pro shop and it's shooting perfect holes, after a lil adjustment. The fletchings just barely touch the cables still but not enough to hurt anything, literally just barely touching on the very tips of the fletchings. Hold on your bow will be back. Just call them and they'll look it up by your name or serial #. (520) 884 9065. They will take care of you. Ask for Teresa in customer service , she took great care of me and really cares about our situation.

Had an earlier TAC 15 which worked great but sold it thinking I might purchase the Elite down the road. After thoroughly reviewing this thread and seeing what PSE's customers are going through with this new design, I'm going to go withsomething else in the 400-425FPS Range. Will either be a Skorpyd, Darton or Mathews.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.