Anyone receive their Elite back from recall yet?

Thanks you for your quick response.
The problem with the old setting (block + cams) was, that you have to pull up the string if you want to cock it. So the string on the block was higher as at the cams.
Maybe they changed the height of the new block at the front.

But it doesn't really matter, you can see the "right" clearance if you knock an arrow without the block under the string. This is where the string ends, when you fire it.

Greetings,
Sebastian

Saturday was one month and still nothing. Mike, how long did it take from the time you shipped it out, until you got it back?

I just received mine back from recall. There are a few new dings on the rail, but everything looks good. They moved the cams up as much as possible, and raised the whisker biscuit all the way up also. I nocked an arrow before I remounted the prod, and looked everything ever. The string is still below center on the string stops. My first impression, with out shooting it yet, is we are still going to have problems with fletching contact. Just not as severe as before.

I hope you keep me updated about your first shooting results.

By the way, looks like it will take a while until the problem will be fixed by pse. So i decided to keep my tac here and handle the clearance problem by myself.
I fixed that pin problem 2 days after i bought the crossbow, now the pin will stay there till the end of my life :). (Those **** pin cost me an very expensive window)

I spend the first 2 days of my Christmas holidays to use an 3d laser measurement system (at my work) to get the exact numbers (the whole tac and the stock arrows - now i got 3d models:D), here are the results - if someone interested:

The arrows (brand new arrow):
- the stock arrows are not fletched 120 / 60, they are at 55 / 125 on the shaft!

The bow (with an knocked new stock arrow - leveled x/y/z axis to the crossbow):

[The following numbers are based on the center of the arrow shaft]

- i need at least .28" to the y - cables
- i got only .228" to the cables
- it's not possible to move up the cams so far - it will, like Mike wrote, just reduce the problem

My plan is to fletch the arrows with 4" vanes. They got an profile height of .30".
I will fletch them 55 / 125, so the fletching will be only .019" over the radius of the shaft (in the direction of the cables) ---> problem solved.

I hope I do not loose accuracy. But I will post some pictures, if I'm done.

The German, have you had a chance to shoot you Tac yet with the new fletching configuration? I noticed that PSE removed the Tac from their web site. If they are redesigning/fixing the Tac, I hope we don't get forgotten about!! I really don't think the recall fixed the problems.

Hi Mike,
i shot it yesterday with my new fletching:
WP_20131229_005.jpg

WP_20131229_011.jpg

WP_20131229_014.jpg

WP_20131229_015.jpg

WP_20131229_016.jpg

I could only try yardages from 40 to 60, but i didn't notice any problems with my accuracy. The best: no damage on the fletching! I don't want made quick changes to all my arrows. I will continue testing, especially at long ranges. But i have to exchange my cocking rope and my d - loop before i can shoot again.

Pse removed the tac from their website a few days after the recall. Did you shot your tac after you received it back ?

the arrows look good. what did you use to refletch them? I have six to refletch myself. With the Holidays, I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, but Im not in a hurry. Im not confident in the repair PSE did. it still looks like the fletching will make contact with the cables. time will tell. How a big archery company like PSE can overlook such an obvious problem is amazing to me.

i'm using a cheap fletching jig. I made my own 55 / 125 ring for it:

WP_20131230_007.jpg

The vanes are Bohning Impulse Vanes 4 ".
Here are some pictures of an nocked arrow, there is space between the fletching and the cables, its hard to see on the pictures, my camera is not small enough to get so close:

WP_20131230_019.jpg
WP_20131230_016.jpg
WP_20131230_021.jpg

I could get an 1/16" allen key under my fletching and an 7/64" under the stock arrows:
WP_20131230_003.jpg
WP_20131230_004.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts