Anyone receive their Elite back from recall yet?

YEP... Just like I said in the beginning, the cams cannot be lifted high enough to fix this problem as far as I can see. I hope somehow Im wrong when I get mine back. I should recieve mine back on the 2nd.If it is papertuned and has even the slightest clearance I will be happy. That's all we can really hope for at this point. I thought the idea was to build a bow around the flight of the arrow not to just launch an arrow out of what you built, there is a fundamental difference in thinking. If Im not satisfied with the results from PSE I am going to have a machine shop make me larger diameter cable guards.I guess about a 1/4" larger in diameter. That will give me an !/8" increase in clearance. Of course I'll need to adjust twists in the harness to account for added cam lean. I hope I don't end up regretting this purchase.

Be careful, I don't think the stock y - cables are long enough to work very well!
If I put 1/8" feeler gauges between the cable guards and the cables on both sides, the cam lean is way too much! Those few twists you got are not enough, for the upper limbs.

By the way, did someone know ( maybe Andy??? ), if they changed the length of the y - cables, when they added new spacers? Can i use my old maintenance kit, or not?

I'm pretty sure they used new longer cables.

Chyhunting, don't get your hopes up. I've had mine back for about two weeks and haven't shot it yet. I don't have to shoot it to see the problem was not fixed but reduced. I do regret my purchase of the Tac. I had high expectations and wound up being very disappointed. This wasn't my first PSE, but it will be my last.

i rec. my first one the day after the recall came out. called out there and they
sent me a ra lable. so i called them back the next day when i shipped it out
and they sent it out the next day. the trick i found was to get the reps name
and ex no. so you can talk to the same person. it seamed to help.

I'm pretty sure they used new longer cables.

Chyhunting, don't get your hopes up. I've had mine back for about two weeks and haven't shot it yet. I don't have to shoot it to see the problem was not fixed but reduced. I do regret my purchase of the Tac. I had high expectations and wound up being very disappointed. This wasn't my first PSE, but it will be my last.

So does it still have contact between the fletching and cables? I'm also wondering if their "papertune" is truly papertuned? I just still cannot wrap my head around how these problems made it to production. The only way I see to truly correct these issues is to redesign the bow ...... bottom line. Have we really paid this kind of money for this?

So does it still have contact between the fletching and cables? I'm also wondering if their "papertune" is truly papertuned? I just still cannot wrap my head around how these problems made it to production. The only way I see to truly correct these issues is to redesign the bow ...... bottom line. Have we really paid this kind of money for this?

I shot mine this week, and with a bare shaft I was getting a 6 inch up tear. So if they paper tuned them before they shipped them back, they didn't do a very good job. It is still making very slight fletching contact, nothing like before the recall. Paper tuning and resighting it in I put about 25 shots through it and the string weights haven't moved. It's not perfect, but it's finally usable.

Got mine back yesterday.. No way this is papertunedArrow rest way to the left, bow is scratched up, stock is cracked, didn't send back my crank, still has fletching contact but is better, 2 of he axle C clips were laying in the bag! I think there is more but I'm at work and don't have my list of problems that I wrote down ...Needless to say I am livid!
What happened to craftsmanship, and pride in what you do? You would think in OUR sport amongst ourselves we would find those traits.... Sad, really is. I feel wronged.

Chyhunting, I feel your pain/ disgust. Mine came back with a few dings on it too. Whoever they have working on these at the factory really doesn't care about craftsmanship. For what we paid for these, you would expect better, much better! And not to be ungrateful, but the gift of a hat and little pocket knife doesn't seem right. Our bows were eating fletching, 3 new arrows would've been more appropriate. Hopefully we can get this all worked out and finally get to use these for what they were intended for. Hell, I've had mine since August and haven't hunted with it yet, and I still don't have the case.

I am going to have a machine shop make me larger diameter cable guards.I guess about a 1/4" larger in diameter.
Free Suggestion (take it for what it is worth)...
Find some hard tubing you can slide over the existing cable guards that increase the diameter. You can then try out the fattened cable guards, before having a pair machined. You might find that 1/8th" is good enough or perhaps you need 3/8th".

I do regret my purchase of the Tac. I had high expectations and wound up being very disappointed.
Understandable. The follow on to TAC 15, should have been an improvement, not a major step backwards and downwards.
Unfortunately, PSE is not alone in coming out with a follow on that fails miserably. Happens with computers, guns, cameras, and famously with cars.

It is still making very slight fletching contact, nothing like before the recall.
Unacceptable. String should not hit PSE's OEM arrows. People should not have to modify, test, experiment with their own arrow fletching types and styles to get around design or manufacturing problem. At this point, PSE needs to recall TAC Elites and offer to replace them with TAC 15s plus cash or refund owners fully purchase price.

Update to my situation: I sent Andy an email Thursday night (jan2nd) about my situation and to ask his advice. I called PSE the next morning(Ian 3rd), unbeknownst to me Andy had already forwarded my email to someone at PSE. I called there expecting them to take the stance of "not my problem". As soon as they heard my name and looked up my account I was transferred to someone higher up the food chain. She said I have your letter here( I was surprised, this was 12 hours later). She then said she is sending me a return label and as soon as she sees my bow in transit she is releasing a brand new complete bow off the shelf to be shipped to me. Finally someone who cares about my situation. I am grateful to Andy and the woman at PSE.

P.S. I tried to sight my returned bow in good enough to use at least Saturday. With the arrow rest as high as it has to be to papertune and shoot a perfect hole, it does just barely clear the cables. Only problem is that with the arrow more level now and the scope mount made angled down as they are, there is not enough adjustment in the scope to zero it. The arrow is still 6" high at 20 yds with the scope adjustment bottomed out. If my new bow shoots a bullet hole and the fletchings clear, I can work with that, those are the most important things so I'll use shims, adjustable scope rings, or an HHA, whatever it takes.

Chyhunting, that good news. Hopefully PSE is listening, and realize that they have some very unhappy customers. Did you paper tune your Tac with a bare shaft? I was unable to get a perfect bullet hole. I'm still getting a 5/8" up/ left tear. No matter what I do this is as close as I can get.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.