Anyone own a Savage 10 FCP? Need dimentions

jrkotz

Hey guys, long shot here, but was hoping someone with a Savage 10FCP could give me a quick measurement.

I'm looking at this one - https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/centerfire/long-range/10-fcp-mcmillan

Has the McMillan stock and I want to replace the barrel with a Proof Research 6.5 Creed barrel and am trying to figure out if the new barrel will fit the stock.

The new barrel measures 1.016" at 10" from the shank.

Thanks

Yeah, will 2nd that. Just mic'd the Criterion barrel on my 110 FCP. Right around 1" at the spot you mentioned but just estimated 10 inches. If you are .815 at 26" or thereabout, it's the factory contour. Sounds like it good to go. Post pics.

Thanks Isaac. I may have to open it up a bit, the proofs don't taper as much as a regular steel barrel. Doesn't sound like too bad of a job. I think I'm gonna go for it.

On a side note - How do you like your rifle? Like the stock?

Mine has the HS precision on it and I like it. It's a brand new rifle/build so no trigger time on it yet, but it feels great. I wouldn't hesitate on the McMillan. You might not need to do any work, my stock came with a little room to spare, so you should be ok and still be free floated, but honestly I've never had the McMillan version so can't say for sure. I think you will be happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.