Anyone near Bakersfield CA

Elkeater

i have to go to CA for work for a few months (leaving behind my long range opportunities here in CO) I'll be near Bakersfield and wanted to bring my rifle along. I shoot lead free already so that's not much of an issue though I won't be hunting anyways. Just looking for a good place to shoot if anyone knows a place.

Thanks

5 Dogs Range is near Bakersfield. I have never shot there personally but I believe it is a good sized range. How far you looking to shoot?

I'd like to be able to shoot out to 600 yards but anything out to 500 would be enough

Im 1.5 hours north of Bakersfield (Kingsburg). I will ask a few people down that way. I got a spot with gongs 425-800 yards up my way in the forest that I can do Fri-Sundays (pretty hot this time of the year by late morning tho). Will try to find you something closer, but are welcome to make a trip up there if you like. It would be about 3 hours from Bakersfield for you

That might be cool. I checked out the 5 dogs range. Steel to 550 and not to expensive either $20 membership and $12 per day. Probably can only do a few weekends over the few months.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.