Anyone loading .375 Raptor?

LRhunter13

HiIm starting to put together components for loading .375 Raptor which will be a new caliber/cartridge to me. This will be a bolt gun, suppressed, with a 10"-12" barrel. I plan to use both 270gr Speer SPs as well as heavier controlled expansions subsonic. This rifle will be used for elk/black bear inside 400yd.

I would appreciate any first hand experience you're willing to share on loading for this cartridge. Info is still somewhat scarce for .375 Raptor reloading, particularly with Hodgdon powders.

Please only first hand data and let's keep on topic. Thanks guys!

Bringing this back from the dead.....
Still waiting for my barrel, I have only started processing brass....
I tried using just the FL sizing die to size the 308 brass and it felt like I was really overworking the brass in one step.
I have since switched my method of sizing brass to double step neck sizing .308-.35 then .35-38 before full length sizing and it truly makes beautiful .375 Raptor brass.....
The #1 investment I have made so far for brass processing is the Little Crow case trimmer and I got the inserts for .300 BLK and .375 Raptor. Fits in a standard 1/2" drill and makes short work of case trimming!
Have you come up with any good loads for the 270gr speer or the 400 Maker bullets?
I would imagine you have an X-caliber barrel in 1:6.25 twist?

Thanks for the info. I actually haven't finished putting the rifle together yet but I'll be happening soon. Interested to hear more once you get a barrel and start some development. I'll be posting an update when I install the barrel and start load development.

Case full AA2200,2300-2350 fps 270 speer 18" gas gun x-caliber barrel,one hole 115 yds but temp sensitve.10x is the powder to use,for the most temp insensitive,Hodgdon extremes are bulky.260 accubond be best for what you want to hunt.Anneal old 308 win brass. Use new brass.358 win brass works good,300 savage brass,expand and go.It's basically a 375/ 300savage.My brass is new LC pulled,primed brass.cut it, I final trim on a drill press with a good quill stop and the Forester setup for a drill press. American reloading has it time to time,as do other brass places.

I ordered my dies from CH4D. There's a good lead time. I opted to get a .323 and .358 expander as well as a die for my Dillon case trimmer. Since I've got a 5 gallon bucket of 7.62 brass it'll go through the annealer first. Does anyone swage and uniform the military prime pockets?

I have everything but the barrel for a bolt action. Just finishing up a couple other projects that I started first!

I am curious if there is any update on the replies on this thread. I am putting a Raptor together as well and still looking for load data. I did get some information using Alliant powders, but still looking for load data. I have attached what I have so far. I did find some load data on this forum

Attachments

• Load Data _ 375RAPTOR.pdf
    213.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 375RAPTOR.jpg
    375RAPTOR.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 53
This is kind of a thread hijack and I apologize but it is on the same topic, sort of.

It turns out I'll have a .375-300 WSM, that pretty much duplicates a 375 H&H, before the 375 Raptor. Whole story behind that! Most of the load data came from here. Once I have the rifle I'll confirm it in my rifle and share it through PM or email if you'd like it. With the Nanook short magnum action, #5-20" MullerWorks barrel, Eschelon stock, Tubb trigger, Hawkins DBM, and 1.5-6 Swarovski scope I'm expecting it to drop in less than 7# ready for ammunition. However, it'll be a nice custom rifle and just maybe reduced loads can duplicate the Raptor. It's being built with a suppressor in mind and I have decided upon the 46M from SilencerCo. If you're interested look for a thread on the build and load development after the first of the year.

I'll still do the Raptor but it'll be for the gas gun. All I really need is the barrel now.

Attachments

• 375-300 WSM drawing.pdf
    27.9 KB · Views: 44