Anyone live or hunt near Albany, Wy?

grouse

Trying to find a place in Wyoming to bear hunt. Looking at a part of the state that's not more than 20 hours from me in Michigan. Trying to keep my drive to a day and half max and in the central to more eastern side of the state. Looking at the aerials trying to find a place that might hold some spring bears. Mostly looking to just get away for a week or so. Aerials don't look phenomenal but look like there could be some bears lurking. I've googled the heck out of the area and there's just not much except for winter snow mobiling or summer four wheeling. Anyone have any general feedback? Wouldn't mind scouting for future hunts out there as well. Feel free to pm me. Appreciate any help. Thanks all.

Last edited:
Probably not a good time to consider Albany. There was a huge forest fire in that area last summer. Burned most of that country.

I live and been in that area my whole life. There are bears but not a ton. I see maybe 1 a year while out hiking around. 95% of them are taken over bait sites. Spot and stock is not real common around here. Most areas won't be accessible until late may if not later. For the guys that have bait sites that time of year have snowmobiles.
If your wanting spot and stock I would look at western Montana but that might be over your 20hr limit.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.