Anyone know where 8208 powder is?

31perersen

Hey guys, just pinging to see if anyone has seen any IMR 8208 xbr for sale? I haven't been able to track it down forever. Thanks!

I've been looking for it as well. I bought a jug of N135 to replace it for the time being. It's a little bit slower than 8208, but it should work from what I've read.

I'm not certain, but Hodgdon dropped all the IMR Enduron powders.
Maybe they are slow playing this one too?

Don't see any right now on line, so if it exists its at an LGS right now.

Maybe Hodgdon store will have it sometime.....don't know.

I've been looking for it as well. I bought a jug of N135 to replace it for the time being. It's a little bit slower than 8208, but it should work from what I've read.
I have N135 in lieu of 8208 and it is great in 223 Rem with 52/53 gr. A little bulkier and fill the case better.
I'm not certain, but Hodgdon dropped all the IMR Enduron powders.
Maybe they are slow playing this one too?

Don't see any right now on line, so if it exists its at an LGS right now.

Maybe Hodgdon store will have it sometime.....don't know.
Not sure what is going on with ADI (8208) down under but they have been having issues for a number of years. Stopped development on some pistol/shotgun powders and have availability issues with just about everything else. As for Hodgdon they seem to be pushing Winchester and Accurate ball/spherical powders which are all St Mark's powders right now. The Accurate and IMR extruded powders are GD Valleyfield out of Canada and either something is going on there or Hodgdon is just ignoring that brand. If GD stopped making Enduron then Hodgdon can export IMR powders to the EC.

My impression was Hodgdon did not want the IMR Enduron line competing with their Extreme line. Bought them and shut them down.

I left hodgdon over the enduron fiasco. I heard there were production difficulties with enduron.. with hodgdon pushing the staball powders now, it makes one wonder about the others. Ive sold most of my hodgdon and accurate powders And wont buy anymore