Anyone know what bullet is used in federal new terminal ascent?

It's not uncommon for bullet manufacturers to list different BC for different velocities. BC does not remain the same throughout the flight of the projectile.
But their 30 cal bullets of same weight from. 308 through 300 Win are listed as the same BC with differing velocities...

FEDERAL
here you go, google foo is your friend
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...-ascent-hunting-rifle-ammunition-and-bullets/

looks like they added a 2nd groove to the tlr design
weights and BC are the exact same as the TLR bullets so it appears they have improved the TLR bullets, wonder if the tlr will now be discontinued as we have seen many sites that sell the tlr bullet state that they are discontinued

I've been sorely tempted to try some of the TLR's and reading the article I agree, it looks like this is just an improved TLR.

The integrity of the bullet is achieved thanks to the bonded design of the lead core that stays attached to the copper jacket during the expansion. The expansion initiated by the Slipstream polymer ballistic tip is then aided by the cavity in the nose of the bullet and serrations that form the petals. The Terminal Ascent bullet is advertised to start expansion at 200fps lower velocities than the similar bullets of the competitors.

I have a feeling I'm going to have a long summer trying these out.

This bullet combines the best features of a traditional bonded lead bullet with those of a mono.

High BC's, great flight characteristics, should run 10-20% Faster than the TLR and should have near ideal terminal performance as well.

The terminal ascent line looks like a good idea as far as bullet construction goes. I wonder who manufactures the bullets?
When federal bought out Jack Carter they started making them themselves. I know they own speer so I would assume speer is making them but not sure.

I've been sorely tempted to try some of the TLR's and reading the article I agree, it looks like this is just an improved TLR.

I have a feeling I'm going to have a long summer trying these out.

This bullet combines the best features of a traditional bonded lead bullet with those of a mono.

High BC's, great flight characteristics, should run 10-20% Faster than the TLR and should have near ideal terminal performance as well.
I looked on federals site and they do not show them. No distributors show them. Do you have any idea when they will be available?

I looked on federals site and they do not show them. No distributors show them. Do you have any idea when they will be available?
I'm hoping it's not as long as it was after they announced the TLR bullet. I'm a fan of the 155 TLR in my 7mm Rem handloads. Would like to try this factory ammo as well. I'm REALLY excited about the 6.5 PRC, since I got one of the Ruger Long Range Hunters in PRC, and was rather unimpressed with current options out there.

No but I'm seriously thinking about making some calls Monday. If I get any news I'll be sure and share it.
I called Federal several times after they announced and had .284" TLR's listed on vendor sites. I asked the marketing guy when they would be shipping to Midway USA he said "hold on the shipping dept. mgr. is right here" I could hear the conversation between them and the shipping mgr. said "they will definitely ship within 2 months".
It was 18 months before any were for sale anywhere.
So whatever they tell you it might be off a bit.

I answered on this before but I was not sure. I assumed since speer is under the same roof that they made these bullets. They do not . Federal makes them in house but I have no idea when they will be available. As for the nickel it is harder than copper so I am thinking it should not foul as much as copper or gilding metal (copper-tin). I know the old british bullets many of them were cupro nickel and in all the Africa books I have no one mentioned it so it must not be a problem.