Anyone hunting in Kansas this year?

The Oregonian

will be going near Great Bend for 1st week of rifle...can't wait.

Using either the 28N or 280AI (if it is ready in time and I get load squared away and validated at distance).

Why, yes, I am. I wish you success. Is this the first time you've hunted Kansas?

Are you hunting private land, Corps ground or WIHA?

Yes sir, I live and hunt in northwest Kansas every year and love it. One of the best states in the union for gun owner and hunters rights. Good luck on your upcoming hunt.

Yep, heading out for a November archery hunt in unit 17. My first Whitetail hunt, can't wait!

Been hunting Kansas for the last ten years and will be back again this year for the first week of rifle season. Easily my favorite place to hunt whitetails. Wonderful country and great people.

Good luck on your hunt!

Yep hunt northwest every year. Waiting on any deer draw results. Mach 1 were abouts in northwest Kansas are you from. I am originally from Atwood.

Why, yes, I am. I wish you success. Is this the first time you've hunted Kansas?

Are you hunting private land, Corps ground or WIHA?
I'm hunting private land with an outfitter...can't wait. Hunting deer anywhere is fun, but when a true giant can step out at any moment even a slow day can be exciting.

This will be my third year...shot a couple of 155's on the first two hunts.

Last edited:
Yep hunt northwest every year. Waiting on any deer draw results. Mach 1 were abouts in northwest Kansas are you from. I am originally from Atwood.

I'm from the norton area. Only about an hour from Atwood

I'm hunting private land with an outfitter...can't wait. Hunting deer anywhere is fun, but when a true giant can step out at any moment even a slow day can be exciting.

This will be my third year...shot a couple of 155's on the first two hunts.

Man, that's great! Sounds like you have an outfitter who knows his stuff and has some great places to hunt.

I know guys who have lived here their whole lives and have never shot a 155" buck. I'm even considering an outfitted hunt here one year. I watch the same hunting shows too and see those huge bucks, but not where I hunt!:)

Down around the minneola area is always good if you can get set up to hunt around there

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.