Anyone hunted iguanas in Puerto Rico?

IdahoCTD

Official LRH Sponsor
We are headed there for a family vacation next month and I'm going to do this at least 1 day while I'm there. If you've done it who did you use and how was it? It looks like there are a couple different outfits that do it. I talked to one and they were OK with me bringing my 6 and 7 year old boys as long as they use my gun. With a estimated 6 million on the island it should be fun and hopefully the boys have a blast.

I have never heard of this before. You definitely got my attention. I'll be checking back to see how your trip turns out. Good luck and have fun.

Pellet rifles are less restricted and that is what is typically used. I will just rent one down there instead of having to lug one around. The one guy I talked to said it was 200.00/day for hunting and unlimited shooting using his rifles. They are PCP rifles.

I've never heard of this so I did a quick google search and watched a couple videos of them shooting these things out of trees with air rifles. From what I gathered, watching the videos, you kind of need to hit them in the head for the kill shot.

Let us know how it turned out. Sounds fun to me. I actually wanted to in the keys but it has to be private land and I never could work it out. They were everywhere

Thanks
Buck

We went last Saturday. It was fun. My dad and I shot 80-100 in 4 hours. My kids even got to shoot a few. We didn't keep track and didn't come close to retrieving them all but here is a picture we took of the ones we did retrieve. I will go back one day and do it again but next time I'll take my own rifle and shoot for 2 days. I will also take a tripod and cradle to help support the gun to make it easier for my kids to shoot. The scopes they have on the rental rifles are pretty crappy.
Iguana hunting.jpg
Iguana hunting 2.jpg

Ha ha that's funny. I now can add that to my "bucket list of random **** to hunt", along side domestic type goats in New Zealand, swamp rats in Louisiana, and some of those little fanged deer ha ha.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.