Anyone help getting Supressor , almost 2 years

Blancoalex

Looking for any help to get my suppressor. Dealer is no help and at end of Feb it will 2 be years. If I could get a name and number to a higher up would be nice.
What is really frustrating got my second that purchased after this one,
ANY Help or direction would be appreciated.

Yes , pending. It first came up year ago during government shutdown. There was question on trust and dealer never replied back within allowed 30 days. So I had to start all over. I already got second can a year ago that I purchased almost month after this first one. When I call they will not let me talk to a manager. Wish I could find someone to talk to or help. 2 years is a long time. This is also lesson to work with good dealer. Thanks

So you had to start over, but you are now re-submitted, right? If so, there is nothing more the dealer can do, so talking to the mgmt about it is just going to be a waste of their time and yours. The ball is in ATF's court. Good luck.

Rolling over is definitely not the move. Keep calling ATF, be polite, get in touch with the actual reviewer. Call weekly, be polite.

Also get in touch with your representative. Texas is pro gun, and your House member/Senator should be able to help you. Same thing, keep calling, keep being polite. Two years is outrageous, and you shouldn't just sit around any longer.

Go to NFATRACKER.COM
there are people that have had similar issues and may have ideas on how to proceed.
They have commented about contacting your state rep. As stated above. Sounds like it works.
another try would be to call and say that you were notified that there was an issue with your form, but you cant remember the name (yes white lie). Maybe they will forward you to your evaluator.

Update, after right at 2 yrs finally got my suppressor. Talk about frustrating. I was was really concerned when Corona came up as the last government shut down and dealer not answering question within 30 days cost me a year.
Be sure to deal with "good" dealer!

not sure if its the same now as a few years back, but ATF actually gave me the name of my "processing agent" and I was able to call them-- leave a message on their voice mail and they did get back to me in a "kind of" timely manner

Update, after right at 2 yrs finally got my suppressor. Talk about frustrating. I was was really concerned when Corona came up as the last government shut down and dealer not answering question within 30 days cost me a year.

Hey, that's great. Now you have something to do during the shutdown! ;)

Thanks cohunt , I did finally pick it up this morning. Just glad the ordeal is finally over. What is was more amazing is that under same trust I got one that I purchased month after this one and have had it over a year already.

I did leave a phone message way back in July 2018 and never got called back.

Glad I got .224-.308 now covered as these will be my last two to purchase because of this .

I think I'm in the same boat. I called NFA yesterday to check the status of my suppressor. The status is NO Action Taken after just over a 11 month wait. NFA says on 2/20 they sent my paperwork back to my dealer. My dealer says he didn't get anything from them and I guess the 30 day limit has expired and I have to start over. They did give me the voice mail of my examiner so I can try and find out what the problem was with my paperwork. I did the form 4 at my dealer using the Silencer Shop kiosk. I got a bad feeling this is going to be a nightmare!

I guess I shouldn't tell you I just got my two suppressors back in under 4 months (ordered on Nov 28th 2019) and under 3 months (ordered Jan 2 2020).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts