Anyone heard of a 243 white express?

jahollis

I was researching .243 cal cartridges for a future project. I came across the name but couldn't find any more info on it. Does anyone know of it? Parent case? Just for the fun of it which caliber would you chose? 6mm ackley, 243ai, or 6mm-284. I'm gona use the gun for deer and coyotes, but i want to use 90 plus grain bullets

I can honestly say i've never heard of that one. But as to your 2nd question. I have a .243 Win and a .243 AI and I love both of them for diffrent reasons.

The .243 Win is my dedicated Varmit rifle being a Rem700 VLS, I use it to shoot chucks on the dry farms here in Idaho. It likes 75g Sierra hollow points and H414. It'll shoot tiny bug holes all day long.

the .243 AI is a Ruger M77 MKII with a 22" bbl and is a light weight deer/ Coyote/ Antelope rifle. It has accounted for a few deer at the 300yd mark.

I like it becaue I can push a 100g bullet in a shorter bbl faster than a .243 Win can in a 26" bbl. I'm shooting 100g Sierra Gamekings with H414 and a CCI 250 magnum primer. I'm also working on some loads using a Barnes TSX 85g bullet. I'm interested in seeing what they will do.

The 6mm/ .243 caliber is underrated I think. Still they are good "all around" cartridges for Coyotes and deer sized game.

Dan

In all honesty i have never fooled with a 6mm for hunting or reloading. I have been reloading for my 22-250 which is my deer rifle. (head and neck shots) So it would be a step up for me!!! Any tips for a 22 cal reloading? Powder? I don't have any scales yet, but i've been using the 2.5 cc scoop included with the lee dies. Found the load in the lee prision book is the only reason i tried it (varget Powder) Fixing to get some scales though so i can further tinker with loads. Been using barnes xld? (40 gr blue hp) and 52 gr smk. Any help with powder would be great expecially if i can use it with my 270 win too. Oh i use cci 200 primers. Only thing i could find that would fit at the moment

I was researching .243 cal cartridges for a future project. I came across the name but couldn't find any more info on it. Does anyone know of it? Parent case?

The 243 WHITE EXPRESS is a round that I designed and developed back in 1994. It is based on the full length 444 Marlin necked down to 6mm with minimum body taper and a 40 degree shoulder angle...

I am currently shooting a bull barreled Remington 700 chambered in the 243 WHITE EXPRESS. Shooting Sierra's 85 gr. B.T. - H.P. Game King bullet at 3,600 fps., this makes for an effective deer and coyote round out to 600+ yards....

DandT

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.