anyone have a Win XPR?

cohunt

looking for someone that has a Winchester XPR ( 24" barrel) --I would like an outside diameter measurement of the barrel at the 20" from bolt face point (or 4" from the end of the barrel if your barrel is 24")

hopefully someone has one that could measure chime in -- the best case scenario would be if it was a 300 wsm, but I know I'm pushing my luck with someone having one of those

Thanks in advance for any help you can give since Winchester was of no help to me when I asked them

I have a take off in 270 WSM It's .647 4" back from the muzzle. 19 7/8 from breech end.

thank you-- that helps (I'm assuming that they pretty much keep the barrel outside profile/diameter the same for most cartridges/calibers) --- at what point does it measure .700" OD? trying to figure out how short/long it could be cut and allow for a .700" (5/8x24) threading for a suppressor

I really wanted to try out a 20" 300wsm-- but they are only selling threaded 300wsm's in 24 and 16.5" -- the 16.5" is just too short for my liking so my thought was to buy a 24" version and cut/thread the barrel for 5/8x24--maybe just a pipe dream

I asked Win if they planned on selling a 20" 300wsm in the future (as they have one in 300wm) and they would not comment

thank you-- that helps (I'm assuming that they pretty much keep the barrel outside profile/diameter the same for most cartridges/calibers) --- at what point does it measure .700" OD? trying to figure out how short/long it could be cut and allow for a .700" (5/8x24) threading for a suppressor

I really wanted to try out a 20" 300wsm-- but they are only selling threaded 300wsm's in 24 and 16.5" -- the 16.5" is just too short for my liking so my thought was to buy a 24" version and cut/thread the barrel for 5/8x24--maybe just a pipe dream

I asked Win if they planned on selling a 20" 300wsm in the future (as they have one in 300wm) and they would not comment
Yep, a pipe dream. You would have a 12 3/4 barrel. both the 270WSM and 300 WSM list a sporter contour.
The new xpr renegade will be sporting a heavier barrel. (when they come out). When I talked to a guy at Winchester, he may have slipped, but he told me that all there barrels were made by bergara

thanks-- thought that might be the case

renegade is made for LR, I'm looking for more LW/mountain
I can't understand why they have a 16.5" Stealth 300wsm, and the "SR" in 300 wm -- I'd think they would offer both in both cartridges-- I'm really after the SR in 300wsm but no-dice as of right now

yep kinda goofy. I've had custom barrels put on mine they shoot great, but I can't understand why they put the 3rd bolt lug on the bottom, that catch's a 40 deg case shoulder, and there browning brothers have them on top. And there made in the same factory

not sure. I only single fed mine for a few rounds before removing the barrel. there was some play in the magazine when it was in the tupperware stock. So it might have worked

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.