Anyone glass bed a knight???

jmeier1981

Just curious if anyone has bedded a knight muzzleloader? Ive got a Mountaineer with the laminate thumbhole stock and wondered if it was possible to bed and if it would/could make much difference.

1981, haven't done a Knight, but did a Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader for a friend. Was a hurry up, since he was leaving on a Utah muzzleloader mule deer hunt. He said it shot well. Not the same setup as a Kinght either. Had to leave a groove in the bedded area for the ramrod if I recall. Good luck

I done a MK 85 it made me feel better but I can't say it shot any better. Finding the correct cleaning procedure did.

My MK85, Makes a huge difference. Not in accuracy, but in the ability to take it apart for cleaning,and be able to hit anything. Cost me a nice Roosevelt bull years ago.Bedded it, and now I can take it apart for cleaning, and it will stay sighted in.

Glass bed my bare primer breech plug, Knight LRH 50 cal last year and shot a .297 inch 3 shot 100 yd. group with it. Killed a nice Texas WT at 215 yds this winter. Load for both was 300 gr PT Gold, 110 grs of BH 209, Black Crush Rib sabot and Winchester regular 209 Primer, I'm planning to bed my Knight 50 cal Master Hunter this summer.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.