anyone get good results with 7mm rem mag 175 ablr with 1:9 twist at 3000 fps ish. for bull.

I try some today with no luck out of a Winchester 70. But it was my 2nd try with different powder. But in looking at the two I'm thinking it is the twist out of my gun. As the the 160gr do fine.

The 1 in 9 twist is fine for the 160's,168's, 175's and the 180's. the powder is normally the problem so find one that works well in your rifle and go hunting. 160 to 175 is the perfect weight for energy and trajectory in the 7 mm Rem Mag. I had best results at 1000 yards with H 4831.

J E CUSTOM

I load 175 out of my 1-9.25 Rem with RL22 right at 3000. Well below MOA when I do my part. Played with seating depth a little, but found what my rifle loves. I'm usually between .25 and .5 moa. Anything below 600 yrds on paper feels like a waste of powder and bullet with that combo now.

Your twist will be fine. LRAB's are finicky and can take a bit to tune in, My experience with LRAB's they seem to like jump. Most around .050

I have killed 3 bulls with this bullet in my 7mag and they have performed from 75 - 480 yds. I am at about 2950fps. with a 1:9 twist.

If you are shooting the 180vld great I wouldn't change anything. Why fix something that's not broke!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.