Anyone from pa

Haven't been on here for a year or so, just started a new account. I'm from the Punxsutawney area, was born and raised just south of Indiana, PA. Plans to move to the great state of Montana this spring

I am in Westmoreland county. I have given up on long range deer hunting in PA. I would love to find even long range ground hog opportunities in PA for practice.

I am in Westmoreland county. I have given up on long range deer hunting in PA. I would love to find even long range ground hog opportunities in PA for practice.

i think you will find groundhogs rarer than deer nowadays thanks to the coyotes.

Oriental pa here. Still have good hunting around the property. My sons and I shoot groundhogs every year. We still have a good amount of deer around the property as well but that is with good management practices. A lot of property around has been posted though but the neighboring farms are still open and hardly anybody hunts around here so it is actually pretty good hunting for many critters. Good trapping too. I can get a good 700 - 800 yard shots here but haven't seen anything to shoot at yet.

mmh,

Not much long range in Murrysville....at least when I was there...born and grew up there. Grandfather had a 200 acre farm up on Roundtop. Been gone for 50 years though!!

Gettysburg area here....long range on family farms around home and long range (600-1500 yards) in the clinton/cameron county area. Got the long range bug a few years ago, have been broke-*** poor ever since.

Gettysburg area here....long range on family farms around home and long range (600-1500 yards) in the clinton/cameron county area. Got the long range bug a few years ago, have been broke-*** poor ever since.

Don't know how I missed your post. Where at in the Gettysburg area RCB? I live near Abbottstown and I'm looking for someplace to shoot long range for practice and load development. East Berlin Fish and Game has the longest club range in the area that I know of at 300 yards. Would like to shoot farther if I can. I have a 6.5-.284 (1K benchrest light gun, 16#) 300 Win Mag, 7mm-300 Weatherby Mag and just built a 17 Remington for hunting fox and coyotes in the area. If you would like to chat shoot me an email at [email protected]

And I can sympathize with the being broke ever since.

We looked for a place to shoot long range in Centre County but never came up with a good spot.

Oriental pa here. Still have good hunting around the property. My sons and I shoot groundhogs every year. We still have a good amount of deer around the property as well but that is with good management practices. A lot of property around has been posted though but the neighboring farms are still open and hardly anybody hunts around here so it is actually pretty good hunting for many critters. Good trapping too. I can get a good 700 - 800 yard shots here but haven't seen anything to shoot at yet.

You might be able to talk to my uncle who lives in Oriental. His name is Wayne Strawser. He might know of some local areas to hunt. In the last 50-80 years at some point in time my family owned either the store or the hotel/bar in Oriental. I miss not getting up that way anymore. Shoot me a PM or email me sometime. It would be great to chat. [email protected]

Don't know how I missed your post. Where at in the Gettysburg area RCB? I live near Abbottstown and I'm looking for someplace to shoot long range for practice and load development. East Berlin Fish and Game has the longest club range in the area that I know of at 300 yards. Would like to shoot farther if I can. I have a 6.5-.284 (1K benchrest light gun, 16#) 300 Win Mag, 7mm-300 Weatherby Mag and just built a 17 Remington for hunting fox and coyotes in the area. If you would like to chat shoot me an email at [email protected]

And I can sympathize with the being broke ever since.

We looked for a place to shoot long range in Centre County but never came up with a good spot.

Tom,
Did you ever work at Gander Mountain in Harrisburg, PA?