Anyone familiar with this...

26Reload

Been thinking of getting an AR15 for a while....
This is at a local gunshop....about $700...minus the scope... 6785.png
I don't remember the maker....but it is not black..and I can handle the looks...
Just something to put away til needed....maybe a coyote or two down the road...

There are tons of AR makers out there now so it's hard to tell. if you just want an AR to have one, this would work fine. Is this new or used? the barrel is going to be important, is it crome lined, QPQ/Nitride or stainless? if you shoot a lot you will want a lined or nitride barrel so it lasts longer. for a tuck gun it doesn't matter much. There are plenty of AR's in the $700 range.

Unless that is EXACTLY the rifle at your store then we can't tell you who made it. One of thousands of companies.

That rifle is an Aero precision, and they make great rifles.

Need a lot more info to tell you if 700 dollars is an appropriate price. For whatever you're looking at.

Thx guys....
I just can't find a picture with the name on it...but this is basically the exact copy of the one in the store....I was told by the counter guy a long time ago that it was built by a company in Florida....seems that he was building other things and stepped into the ARs....
Not gonna be an everyday shooter...truck gun and blaze away at rocks type....not worried about precision....and definitely not competition unless it is the kid and wife seeing whom can empty the clips fastest....

Def not Aero then. There's literally hundreds of companies that make ARs in various colors.

Some of them are great, some are ****.

You can always buy one online and have it shipped to your ffl

Or just call up the store and ask what company makes it

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx guys....
I just can't find a picture with the name on it...but this is basically the exact copy of the one in the store....I was told by the counter guy a long time ago that it was built by a company in Florida....seems that he was building other things and stepped into the ARs....
Not gonna be an everyday shooter...truck gun and blaze away at rocks type....not worried about precision....and definitely not competition unless it is the kid and wife seeing whom can empty the clips fastest....
If they're actually out of florida, it would most-likely be a Spikes Tactical. They build good stuff. I have one of their lowers.

He could have been confused and thought that PSA (Palmetto State Armory) was out of Florida (I though that at first, because of the Palmetto name), but they're out of South Carolina. I can't comment on quality, as I've never used any of their guns or parts. Only thing I've bought from them was an RCBS press-mounted APS priming tool.

My luck would be ****....
I hate to say this, as I'm not hating on "cheap" guns, but with AR's you really do get what you pay for. And like JMcMath said, for that price, you can either get lucky, or get screwed. Also, with AR's, when discussing anything other than the finish on the gun, the bolt carrier group, and the stock tube diameter, the term "mil-spec" is not necessarily a good thing...Especially with triggers and barrels. These days you can buy MUCH higher quality parts for a little bit more than mil-spec quality parts.

I know folks who told me I was crazy for building AR's that cost as much as mine did ($2K and up), until they shoot them...Then they're amazed at how smooth and accurate they are. Some of them still say, "You got too much invested in an AR rifle..." But most (the ones that know quality guns) admit and agree that they can see where the money went, and that it was worth it.

Here's my recommendation for a high-quality accurate and reliable AR that you WILL get your money's worth out of. LWRC builds THE highest quality AR-platform rifles on the planet...All the parts are precision-matched & hand-fitted. I'm proud to have had one of their M6 series rifles since 2009.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...719014911/LWRC+DI+RIFLE+556NATO+16.1+MODU+BRZ

I did call the store and the lady behind the counter couldn't even figure out where the ars were.....
Local ffl I would use would rather try to beat me up in buying something I don't want versus getting something to play with...he hasn't figured out yet that I am tight with my money while my wife buys at her whim.....that's why she doesn't visit that shop very often........she ends up wasting good money that can be used better....

That's a sweet looking semi.....but its not in the realm for me....this would be a dinking around gun....nothing serious unless some ******* decides he need a new one......

Last edited:
https://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-complete-lower-receiver-standard-fde.html

Shipped to your FFL

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-t...-mid-length-barrel-atlas-s-one-handguard.html

This shipped to your house.

2 pins to stick it together(installed on lower already) in about 10 seconds.

Best fde AR in the price range you can buy in my opinion. They do upper sales if you have patience and subscribe to the emails. Should be right at that same price you were looking at 225 + 479 (fde, mlok)

Edit. Grab the 20 dollar charging handle and 125 dollar bcg under "finish your build" (Or buy a toolcraft one elsewhere for 75 bucks)

Forgot they don't include that. You don't need to build anything, assembling it will be exactly like field strip, which you need to know how to do anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jmcmath....that's just the problem..I don't know everything I would need for one of these critters....
And if I have it in front of me.. I can take it apart...and when I put it back together probably with less pieces....lol....

Kycarl..you got a pic of the ut15...

Last edited:
Basic field strip you open upper off lower pull out charging handle and bcg. Put them back in, depress pin on lower.
Difference is only to put a separate upper on lower you push front pin and back pin :)

If you can swap a scattergun barrel or install a choke tube, you can do this. Plenty of online info showing you exactly what to do!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.