Anyone Familiar with the Weatherby MK XXII

love mine had it 40 years
IMG_0431.JPG

So Mr. Diesel 505, Did you ever purchase the Maek XX11 rifle?? If so, have you shot it yet?? Its a great 22 rifle!!! I hope you are really pleased with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2526 Weaterby 22  with 12 X Leupold.jpg
    IMG_2526 Weaterby 22 with 12 X Leupold.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
Thank You LR Hunting Guy, I just saw this thread for the first time a few days ago. I did not notice it started along time ago. I don't understand why an old thread just re appears. My mistake but thank you. I will read the dates before I answer.

I have never seen a lever action nylon 66. How old?
I know a local guy who has a collection of Remington Nylon 66's. I've never seen his collection, but he's told me about it. He has a number of Nylon 66's I was aware of having been made. He has them in various colors (Apache Black, Mohawk Brown and and olive green), a number of different actions (semi-auto, lever and bolt) as well as different magazines (tube fed and removable mag). My first gun was 22LR Nylon 66 in Apache Black and nickel. It's a really accurate gun as long as you shoot it with open sights. The front and rear open sights are both attached to the barrel so it's steady. OTOH, when I put a scope on mine, it walked all over the place. The scope attaches to a metal shroud covering the nylon action. The barrel attaches to the nylon action. This set up is not very sturdy and has a lot of point of impact changes. I've heard of some that shoot well w/ a scope, but not many. Although my eyes no longer shoot open sights very well, my Nylon 66 is still a cherished gun.