Anyone familiar with Pierce Actions? Specifically the titanium models

stanley52

I am kicking around the idea of a lightweight walking rifle. A SA titanium pierce action, titanium recoil lug, reduced weight bolt/handle, manner 90% carbon fill, bartlein sporter weight with fluted, chambered in 6.5-284. It would get pretty light, pretty quick.

Does anyone have any experience with what kind of quality I could expect from a pierce, specifically a titanium model. Their regular models seem to be priced in the range of a stiller: is that the quality I could expect? Worse/better? Their titanium models are near $1400, priced like a defiance or surgeon. Would it be better to just get the heavier defiance/surgeon? Any info would help, thanks.

I have a short action Ti Pierce action with all the options. Using a #0 profile 24" Krieger and a 15 ounce Kevlar carbon fiber stock. Caliber will be 7-08AI. Should be done by deer season. Just the rifle is projected to be 5 pounds give or take 2 ounces.

The quality of the action is good as any other custom we build on.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.