Anyone ever used a barrel doughnut?

It worked on my pencil barreled 300 RUM. I marked the barrel every inch and shot groups. I got lucky and ended up almost right where I started with it.

It was sold to help fix accuracy issues with factory ammo, saw a bunch of them leave a sporting goods store with instructions to move it up and down the barrel to find the perfect harmonic spot for your ammo brand. Most everyone I knew never kept them on the rifle. I'd offer my services for custom loads. Some would take me up on it, I could usually make it shoot better than they were capable of shooting. But to my knowledge they did nothing for accuracy. And you never see one on a rifle today.

Sort of which resulted in much debate and no resolution. There was much shouting, hat throwing, spit wad flinging, blood curdling wedgies, etc. The question was and remains: should you attach the donut horizontally where the jelly is injected or center punch the up and down orientation?

I doubt the debate will ever be settled. Much like the .270 vs .30-06 ('06 is better).
270 is much better

Sort of which resulted in much debate and no resolution. There was much shouting, hat throwing, spit wad flinging, blood curdling wedgies, etc. The question was and remains: should you attach the donut horizontally where the jelly is injected or center punch the up and down orientation?

I doubt the debate will ever be settled. Much like the .270 vs .30-06 ('06 is better).
270 is much better