Anyone Ever Seen a 7mm STW in..

Nodak7mm

A Rem 700 VLS configuration?? My bro-in-law found a bona fide factory Rem 700 HB with a brown laminate stock chambered in 7mm STW. I have him putting it aside for me today as it is in my price range. I have never come across a long/mag action set up like a VLS in the rem catalogs. I am assuming it is a ltd run per request from large distributor.

Was gonna go full blown custom this fall but found out how much it costs to put braces on kids recently
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
. This STW is used but at $450 I can't pass it up...

Lastly, was unsure what forum to post this under, I hope this works for all.

Thanks

Nodak7mm

The Shooting Times Western came out several years ago, maybe 5-7, not real sure when Rem started making them. The price sounds very good tho.

Nodak 7mm,
I have a 7STW in Sendero LS. So does my buddy. They were not listed in the Remington catalog since they were a special run gun. Remington will not disclose the number made.
They are OK rifles.
Good luck and good shooting.

Vinnie

Thx Guys,

Thats what I figured it was, a ltd run. Wanted to hear that someone else had one. Always wanted one since Layne Simpson legitimized it in the late 80's. But wanted one in a HB w/wood and now I got one on the way.

Vinnie, if there is more you can share regarding your satisfaction w/yours or lack thereof, plz email me.

Thanks

Nodak7mm

If you need additional help with loads, Boyd Heaton also shoots a 7 STW and he may be of particular help.

Vinnie

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.