Anyone ever measure Berger's?

I am guessing you are measuring with out an O give tool for your calipers. The hollow point tips will vary some, and yes that is normal. You need to get the tool to measure your overall length off the O give. If you are not setting your overall length off the O give of the bullet then it could affect your accuracy as the bullets will not be consistant in distance from the lands.

Jeff

They differ from 1.365"-1.384"...thats almost .020"....but they weigh the same those 2 bullets that had the greatest spread. (189.8/9)

Ya Broz, I am not familiar with an ogive tool.

How do i set the overall length off of the ogive. Do i need a special bullet seater for these bullets for my rcbs seater die?

Thanks again for the help.

How do i set the overall length off of the ogive. Do i need a special bullet seater for these bullets for my rcbs seater die?

No, you will most likely be ok. I have seated them with a rcbs seater. But you need to get away from measuring off the tip of the bullet, and rather measure off the bullet at the point where it is .308" in diameter.

Jeff

Thanks...i still would think when using the rcbs seater, it would make the bullet actually seat the ogive in differnt depths? Unless it is not actually touching the tip of the bullet when its pushing it down in the case.

Thanks...i still would think when using the rcbs seater, it would make the bullet actually seat the ogive in differnt depths? Unless it is not actually touching the tip of the bullet when its pushing it down in the case.

You are correct. But it is the tip that is different. If you get one of these tools and remeasure the same loaded ammo they will all be the same. The reason you are seeing the difference is indeed the fact that the seater is NOT pushing on the tip. If it was, they would all measure the same for you now..

Jeff

makes sense finally..........thanks again...i get the h1000 tomorrow and my zeiss scope so hopefully i will be finally set.

Thanks!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.