Anyone ever heard of the 14.9mm SOP caliber?

MudRunner2005

First-off, I know the article is a couple years old, so I appologise if this is a repost.

However, I just stumbled across it on a google search, and was amazed at the ballistics and capabilities of this rifle & cartridge.

Yall wanna build a REAL long range gun? Here you go... :D

14.9mm SOP Rifle & Cartridge - The Firearm Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I just saw it and thought it was cool.....And huge and impractical. Kind of like some of the rifles guys around here shoot (not excluding myself). Figured it would fit in nicely. :D:D:D

You are (still) suffering of extreme cannonitis, aren't you? :D[/QUOTE

No Sir, we're just blessed with being born in a place, big enough, a test round from the back porch doesn't create an international incident.gun):D

True enough! You've got the place and the opportunities. I hope that it'll continue this way in the USA, also in future times.

I seen that a while back too. I think its super awesome, my only problem is that was 2 years ago, why hasn't there been any more info released on it? Just kind of seemed to disappear.

Not sure but I think Craig the Sawman Sawyer was going to use something like that for a 3000 plus yard or 2mile shot.

Do not know if that even took place.

The parent case may have been a 20 mm cannon round , shorten up , then necked down to 14.9 to hold the 1600 gr bullet.

It has been awhile since I read up on it. But would make one hell of a shoot the bad guy through the 2 or 3 walls of concrete and have a nice day man.

Again should read up on it again.

Good reading though

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.