Anyone ever hear of the 30 FBI ?

I'm not sure. I got something from you, but all there was there was a web address to some morotcylce company. Do you know if a .30 Wolf will work on a Weatherby Mark V action that was built for the .300 Wby? Thanks for trying.

Don't believe the wolf would work on a 300 Wby action. Since the Wolf uses a Lapua case as a base the Wby would have to be at least a 375,378,416 or 460 size to accept it. If you e-mail me you mailing address I sent you a copy of the stuff I have. You might also try find a used Wby in that size or you could by a Sako in 30-378 or 338-378 for about $750. Check with STL_Shooter just to be sure. Don't know hou you got a motocycle website. Did you open the attachments from that e-mail? Just remembered my e-mails originate from the easyriders site. Duh
blush.gif

Yes a smith could open up your 300wby to take a 378 case head, might cost extra because its a wby
rolleyes.gif
. Check around you might find a good deal on a used one or go the Sako route.

Thanks Texas, I called Weatherby about six hours ago and they said it could be done. Good thing is I already know of a very good gunsmith. Heard nothing but good things about him. I will let you know when I get it done. I have the Weatherby TRR Tactical stock, ordered my USO SN-9 3.8-22X58mm with 35mm tube and it should be here in about a week. Just got to order the barrel and get it before November. If you are interested and you get it in time watch the History channel later under Modern Marvels about "Bullets." The very end looks similar to the PRL ones. Very cool.
wink.gif

[ 08-13-2003: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

If my memory serves me right it was about $795, but if you do get it you are looking about about a month waiting time. With those two things to the side it is a great stock and is does extremely well in the prone position, especially when you use it like a tactical rifle with the hand grip.I highly recommend it if that is what you decide on.
cool.gif

[ 08-14-2003: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.