Anyone ever hear of the 30 FBI ?

texas

Any stats on it besides being like a 338 execpt in 30 cal?

What is it? Who makes them? Also how does it compare to other rounds already out there?

The 300 FBI shot the smallest group I ever saw shot past 2,000 yards. About 6 inches for 5 shots at 2,400 yards. 253 PRL bullet, AW rifle, HB on the trigger.

Think of it as a short .300 win mag. with a little less powder capacity. Still have the belt to deal with though. I would prefer the .300 WSM these days.

Thanks I finally found a little about it.
30-338 Win just another wildcat with a different name.

Didn't know about the group size. Don't need no belt
rolleyes.gif
. Whats the HB on the trigger?

That would be Harold, probably the finest Ultra Long range triggerman in the world.

Is there any more information someone can give me on these bullets. Like B.C., legnth for the 253 grainer, etc? I asked Warren about polygonal rifling with J40's and he said they didn't like it very much because they are harder than other bullets. I was dissapointed to say the least so I'm forced to find a replacment. Thanks

Nighthawk I don't remember about the 253gr 30 cal PRL but, the 268gr one has a theoretical BC of 0.91. The 268gr is the sam length as a 220gr SMK and a 210gr Berger VLD.

If you need more info contact S1 he can give you the details he gave me about PRL lineup.

Texas, I e-mailed S1 yesterday, but have not gotten a response. I guess if I want to try to find a little more info I can try to find the topic .30 Wolf.

But I think I have already found the bullet I want to use though. GS Custom bullets said they would build me a 240 grain bullet with a B.C. similar to that of Warren's 220 J40. I still have some unanswered questions though, but not about the bullet. Specifically the barrel. Warren said his bullets don't like polygonal rifling so I can't use them. I respect Warren a great deal, but if I can't use or afford them then whats the point. I requested that GSC make the most streamlined bullet they could make. I requested a bullet weight between 200 and 250 grains. They said a 250 grain would be over 2" long and require a twist about 1:5. If I get a 240 I would expect the B.C. to be high up there. Sorry for making this post so long.

Nighthawk
Last I heard Sam was on vacation again(Happens every time I pay him ;-)anyway shot prairie dogs with him and Mike last weekend and learned a few things that may help.
#1 Sam said something about the PRL bullets getting into mass production but they where going to be a little spendy for prairie dogs @ a buck apiece or a little less.
#2 An elk is is serios trouble with Mike shooting at it @ 2000 yards with the 30Wolf and 210 JLKs...DRT.
#3Customs are a pain in the ***!Burn a barrel out of a couple factory 300 something or anothers with the cheapest ammo you can put together will have you shooting much better than waiting for custom stuff or the funds to aford it.
Couple of thoughts on GS or other long-heavy bullets.You will be waiting a long time for them and you are gona have to gini pig the loads.Sound challenging...it is and expensive to boot.Here is the fun part ,after you spend all the time and money on them your gona find out they have a high BC but fly like **** in the wind.The PRLs show promise but a long bullet acts like an airplane wing and is blown way off coarse in the wind.
CJ

Nighthawk, FORGET the GS CUSTOM bullets!
frown.gif
You don't want to even go there. You'll be better off getting in touch with Shaky/ Don over at Groove Bullets, same concept.

As far as the PRL's go they should be coming into mass production here soon (hopefully before the end of the year) and they will be cheaper than they are now.

Mach V, place the order with Sam, get the stuff you wanted and pay him like Wimpy (don't know if you are old enough to remember the Popeye cartoons)and he'll always be around
wink.gif
grin.gif
If you do here from him ask if he knows about a 366 coming out soon.

Old enough to remember Popeye but those years are kinda hazy.Sam did mention a few weights but didnt remember much after the price as I already have a few rounds that require spendy projectiles and dont need to add to the list.
Sam aint cheap but quality is exelent and turn around time is great!
Texas is right you stand a lot better chance getting bullets out of Don!!
CJ

Why, first of all? Second, I read a website that PRL bullets suck. Supposedly they are inconsistent, all have slightly different tips, and other problems. I'm just looking for a replacement for the 220 J40 other than Matchkings.
confused.gif

[ 08-07-2003: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

Why?is a good question.I read somewhere that Klinton was a good pres too but in the real world things are what they is!I realize I'm wasting my time but like my advice its free so here goes.I've ben trying to get GS to build a heavyer bullet for the 375/50 for two years now and all I get is BS.Do a search on the web and se if you can find anybody stateside that has ben able to get GS bullets,there was talk of a dealer in Texas but have not ben able to confirm?Don has had his problems too but he is starting to supply.
I've seen 210JLKs work just fine to 2000yards in the hands of someone with a clue.Hi-Tec is great but it dont make up for a sound understanding of what it takes to get it done BTDT=CJ

There is a dealer in Houston but, as of now he only has a few 22-358 cal HV's in stock.

If you place an order and send your money now, by the time you get out of the Navy you might have them!!!!!!!!!!!!
shocked.gif

Mach yeah I know Sam is a little spendy but remember you get what you pay for
grin.gif
I'm waiting for him to get back home, picked up some new toys yesterday and need bullets to try them out
wink.gif

can any boby e-mail me a phone num. for S1
I need to talk to him about a brake that he going to build for me.

thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts