Anyone else using SLIP2000 EWL in barrel and EWG on bolt?

PantherCreekFarms

Is anyone else using the SLIP2000 products to improve their velocity, accuracy and longevity?

I use SLIP2000 EWL (Extreme Weapons Lube) in my barrel and most friction surfaces:
Slip 2000™ - EWL

And I use SLIP2000 EWG (Extreme Weapons Grease) on my bolt and chamber:
Slip 2000™ - Extreme Weapons Grease

So far, I have experienced the following in my firearms:
  • Increased muzzle velocity **
  • Gun stays cleaner, longer and doesn't seem to attract dust or sand
  • I've had no jams since I've been using these
  • The lubes seem to stay there for a long time
MY THEORY
I will be working on my loads for a new .338 Lapua Mag LRH rifle I'm working on. I am partial to Hodgdon powders and specifically H1000 for any of my large Magnum rifles. However, it seems in reading that pushing a 300grain bullet (I'm using the new Nosler AccuBond 300gr bullets BC-0.720) with around 88-91 grains of H1000 is having a hard time reaching 2,700 fps which seems to be the magic velocity for long range accuracy with .338 Lapua Magnum and 300 grain bullets.

My theory is I will get that extra 50 or so fps (~2% increase in velocity) needed by using SLIP2000 EWL and EWGlightbulb I should only have to use around 89-90 grains of H1000 to get to 2,700fps. This load should keep me within the safe pressure levels that avoid sticking cases and high pressure effects on my Lapua Brass. In the past I have seen as much as 4-5% increase in velocity with this combination of lubes, so who knows? The chronograph I have always used to test my velocity is the ProChronoDigital Chronograph from Competition Electronics. It's not the most accurate chronograph but when averaged it achieves enough accuracy for me to make positive adjustments to my loads that improve my shooting accuracy.

When I start performing my load testing, I don't feel comfortable shooting rounds in my guns without SLIP2000 EWL and EWG, so I will not have a before and after. I will however be able to post what I am able to achieve with my load. It seems pretty well documented what velocity H1000 (at safe levels) can push a 300 grain projectile down a barrel (which is mostly below 2,700 fps).

Does anyone else use these or have a similar theory (or have real proof)?
Or do you think this won't work and why?

Is this product along the lines of Gun Juice? I have used it and seen significant increases in vel.

Steve

I haven't heard of gun juice, though I went on their site and it does sound similar (though SLIP2000 is JUST about Lubes for guns/shooting). I started using SLIP2000 lubes back when I first got heavy into AR's and other assault rifles.

In those guns I saw a great reduction in temperature after shooting lots of rounds gun) and it increased the bolt action (especially after a bunch of rounds). Kind of like the Franks Hot Sauce commercial, "I use that $h!+ on everything"...

I started putting it on my pistols and bolt action rifles and saw awesome results. I reload everything I shoot (except rimfires 17hmr, 22mag, 22lr ;-)
As I build up my loads I always chrony the velocities. I seem to get better results than most of my buddies, but that could be other things. So I'm just applying the same ingredients that have worked for me in the past.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.