Anyone else using Shaw barrels in their AR

klf

I am having some very good results with my 24" heavy Shaw barrel in my rat gun. The groups below were with the 60 gn Sierra HP bullets on top of AA 2460 fired from a rest at 100 yards. Is anyone else having any luck with their Shaw barrel?
1001404.jpg

1001403xr.jpg

I have been looking at buying a shaw barrel for my Ar build, how was break in on the barrel?

It was a little dirty, I used a few different cleaning products. It seems what one wouldn't remove the other did. After trying a copper remover I found there doesn't seem to be any abnormal copper build up. I didn't use any break in method as I don't believe in them. I just shot about fifty 55 gn fmj that I had loaded for another gun. I fired them slowly, mostly single feed. I then went to the bench and started developing loads. I did a normal cleaning to remove fouling after each range session. It likes the 52 grain sierra HPBT. It loves the 60 grain sierra HP varmint with AA 2460.

I am very pleased with the barrel and I'm sure you will be also.

I've got a Shaw 20" heavy 1:8 stainless. Still doing load development, but have shot a coupe of .4 with 60 hornady fbhp and reloader 7 and with hornady 75 hpbt with varget.

Hell ya! I just sold my AR-15 223cal a while back and for what I got for it I could not turn it down. But to answer the question. Mine shot 55gr V-Max and 60 gr Sierra soft points lights out EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. I absolutely will have another E.R.Shaw again.
Mine was a 20" full bull with flutes in a Model 1 upper and L.A.R. Grizzly Pistol lower and it was hands down the most accurate AR-15 I have fired to date.
Not to mention very easy to clean as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.