Anyone else have problems with savage accutrigger?

cdn shooter

I own three rifles with accutrigger and all of them will jam the first stage of the trigger, only once in a while. If you cycle the bolt it unjams. Its all fine now but when it costs me that Monster buck or bull I will probably jump ship on the savages.

how light is your trigger? I have only used the target action and I love the trigger on it! Another thing I noticed is people who tend to 'pull' the trigger to one side or the other struggle with the accu-trigger.

I have it set at 2.5 or 3 whatever the lightest setting is. When these jam they are completly locked, feels like the safety is on. It is jammed to one side though, but not from me pulling it there it happens when the trigger is set.

First time I have ever heard a thing like that, and all three... that's
got to be disappointing. I surely would like to hear some more
about this problem... If there's more of it, I hope not.

I copied this from a Savage owners manual. I have no problem with mine but can make this happen if I try.

"WITH SAFETY AS OUR PRIMARY CONCERN, THE ACCUTRIGGER DESIGN REQUIRES THE SHOOTER PLACE THEIR FINGER SQUARELY OVER THE ACCURELEASE. PULLING THE TRIGGER FROM THE SIDE OR NOT DIRECTLY REARWARD WILL CAUSE THE SEAR TO DISENGAGE AND BE BLOCKED BY THE ACCURELEASE. ALTHOUGH A CLICK MAY BE HEARD, THE SEAR IS BLOCKED WHEN THIS HAPPENS. THE BOLT MUST BE RAISED AND LOWERED TO RE-COCK THE FIREARM"

I copied this from a Savage owners manual. I have no problem with mine but can make this happen if I try.

"WITH SAFETY AS OUR PRIMARY CONCERN, THE ACCUTRIGGER DESIGN REQUIRES THE SHOOTER PLACE THEIR FINGER SQUARELY OVER THE ACCURELEASE. PULLING THE TRIGGER FROM THE SIDE OR NOT DIRECTLY REARWARD WILL CAUSE THE SEAR TO DISENGAGE AND BE BLOCKED BY THE ACCURELEASE. ALTHOUGH A CLICK MAY BE HEARD, THE SEAR IS BLOCKED WHEN THIS HAPPENS. THE BOLT MUST BE RAISED AND LOWERED TO RE-COCK THE FIREARM"

Welcome to long range hunting, jgasch.
That's a mighty good observation, thanks for posting. Enjoy the site.

Never had that prob with any of my standard accutriggers, I have 3 also. And my buddies all have accutriggers and we shoot 500 rounds a trip when we go p-doggin never heard any of them have problems.

I do have one more accutrigger in a precision target action that adjusts down to like 6 oz and if you back it all the way down and don't pull it perfectly straight back it will do this, but if you crank it back up just a bit and create just a little more trigger pull there is no problem with it.

Good luck I hope there is something wrong with your guns and you can get it figured out.

I can almost guarantee it is the weight set too low for your particular trigger. I have a few accutrigger rifles and while I do think it is easily the best factory trigger, its not on the same level as a good aftermarket version like the SSS triggers. What is happening is that in the process of closing the bolt you are tripping the safety mechanism that blocks the sear on the accutrigger, You can set them down really low IF you are very careful about closing the bolt slowly and smoothly, not good for a hunting rifle. I have set for others, or own myself about a dozen of these triggers and in every case if you set them too low they trip the safety mechanism on a normal bolt closing. If you up it about a half pound from the point where it wants to trip, you should have reliable performance at the lowest weight possible.

I agree with Forester - some of my Accutriggers (the 1.5lb models) do this when I crank them way down and slam the bolt. Turn it up until you can't trip it by slamming the bolt.

I have a Savage Arms BA 110 in 300 win mag. It does the exact same thing. After cycling the bolt the whole trigger (accu safety triger) included freezes rock solid and so dose the three stage safety. I recently sent it back to savage and just got it back yesterday because of consistent missfiring. The firing pin would not strike the primer and also because of the freezing trigger. After getting it back went to the rage today and it continues to freeze and missfire. Savage said there was nothing wrong with the rifle when I returned it. B.S. I will now be sending their $2000 pile of SH!$ back to them. I dont think I will ever buy another Savage again. I took video of the action freezing and missfiring today I will try to post it ASAP.

I have a Savage Arms BA 110 in 300 win mag. It does the exact same thing. After cycling the bolt the whole trigger (accu safety triger) included freezes rock solid and so dose the three stage safety. I recently sent it back to savage and just got it back yesterday because of consistent missfiring. The firing pin would not strike the primer and also because of the freezing trigger. After getting it back went to the rage today and it continues to freeze and missfire. Savage said there was nothing wrong with the rifle when I returned it. B.S. I will now be sending their $2000 pile of SH!$ back to them. I dont think I will ever buy another Savage again. I took video of the action freezing and missfiring today I will try to post it ASAP.

Generally Savage is fairly good about fixing things if there is a problem. Every time I've been through this it was an easy solution. Video would be enlightening.

Generally consumers screw things up far more often than the manufacturer. I definitely wouldn't consider a 110BA a piece of ****. Here's a bright idea for those of you who don't like the accutrigger. Replace it. My model 700s have rifle basix triggers in them because I didn't like the factory one. When I spent almost a thousand dollars on my LSS I didn't call it a peice of **** and send it back because I didn't like the trigger. I replaced it. Now I understand that it doesn't function properly. But neither does a m700 if a crank it down as low as I can. I can duplicate the problem you guys are having on my model 16s accutrigger by turning it down as low as it will go. Also I recommended checking the clearance in the stock around where the trigger hangs. When I put mine in my Bobby Hart LRT stock I had this problem until I removed a little bit of material from the stock under the rear of the trigger right below where the trigger is adjusted.