Anyone else get this lucky before?

I bought a new scope and rings to mount to my Savage 93 in 22wmr and without touching the turrets I was perfectly zeroed with the ammo I was using at 50yds. When I say perfectly zeroed I mean perfect I still have not taken the turret caps off that scope.

Has this happened to anyone else?
nope, never been that lucky.
Congrats on that.

I got lucky once with my friends rifle that I bore sighted just looking down the bore and moved the cross hairs to match up. First shot 🎯 dead center but haven't been able to do it again.

Done it once about 10 years ago with a cva wolf muzzloader and a Simmons scope. 1st shot perfect 1 inch high at 100 yards couldn't believe it.

Not quite 100% the same scenario but close. I once mounted a scope on a 300 win mag for a good friend. After mounting the scope I did a quick bore sight with the trusty old eyes. Literally two clicks of elevation and away we went. Back in those days we were just taking apiece of white paper and putting a small black dot on it for a sight in target at 100 yards. Went to the range and got set up, put the first round down the barrel and my friend says "you missed". I pulled the bolt out took another gander and replied "are you sure"? He gave me the raised eyebrow and said yeah I am sure. I decided that I should send another one down range because looking through the bore it looked really good and I felt it should at least be on paper. I shot the second time and then a third and both were again reported as misses. I could not tell through the scope so we took a walk down to the target. When we walked up to the target there was one tiny little clover leaf right in the center of the black dot. Of course I was ecstatic and probably puffed my chest up a little bit. I then told him he needed to get a new spotting scope. It was a pretty funny moment.
You should have told him the charge for mounting was . . . the rifle:)

An answer to the question you didn't ask.... my grandson got a Henry .22 for his birthday when he was 12 (just a few years back). We took him out, put up a .22 fifty foot target and he took one shot off-hand. We walked over and there was one hole, perfectly centered in the bullseye. His dad and I told him it was luck and to prove it. That target resides with the rifle. Two shots, off-hand, one hole, right in the bull!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.