Anyone checked out the new Atip from Hornady??

Remmy700

New line set to release soon, got some good looking numbers if the BC are not super inflated!!
05461235-3338-4187-A5A8-BA8C27FFECDB.jpeg

Nah. Let's not delete it, let's find a purpose for it.

What do you guys think the best cartridge for the 250 gr A-TIP will be?
I'm thinking it'll be like 300 RUM, or 300 Lapua...
I don't think the 300 PRC will move it fast enough. Not sure about the 300 Norma, either. Gonna need some twist to stabilize for sure. Wonder if 9 or 8.5 would be enough in the RUM or Lapua?

I might have to give that 6.5 mm 153 gr a go in my 264 Win Mag...

Sure are some attractive, sleek bullets!

How about the 30 Sherman Magnum (aka improved 300 PRC) which chambering comes with an 8.5 twist.

I think the .300 RUM would be the perfect platform to launch that 250gn behemoth. That's quiet a chunk of metal but the RUM has the oven space, I believe. I do not have one, and have never really considered it, but now my mind is reasoning out the "necessity" to get one. Why do I do this? I've got problems! I need some "group therapy". ;)
On another note: my new Pac Nor barrel in .300WinMag (28", 9t, 5g) should be here by the END OF THE DAY! I have the Berger 215's with new Norma brass waiting for its arrival but I wonder about that 230gn and a hefty dose of that "Hen's teeth RL-26". The possibilities are exciting! I'm trying not to touch myself:rolleyes:

Nah. Let's not delete it, let's find a purpose for it.

What do you guys think the best cartridge for the 250 gr A-TIP will be?
I'm thinking it'll be like 300 RUM, or 300 Lapua...
I don't think the 300 PRC will move it fast enough. Not sure about the 300 Norma, either. Gonna need some twist to stabilize for sure. Wonder if 9 or 8.5 would be enough in the RUM or Lapua?

I might have to give that 6.5 mm 153 gr a go in my 264 Win Mag...

Sure are some attractive, sleek bullets!
300 Norma Improved gets my vote. Probably have to build one now darn it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.