Anyone checked out the Minox Scopes?

Hntbambi

Has anyone ran the Minox scopes through the ringer yet? The only reports I can find say great optics but do not mention anything about their mechanical tracking ability, or if they retain zero.

Has anyone ran the Minox scopes through the ringer yet? The only reports I can find say great optics but do not mention anything about their mechanical tracking ability, or if they retain zero.

Just bought a Minox Z5 2-10x42mm myself from Cabelas.

Apparently Minox is a subsidiary of the Leica company & has been making high quality binoculars for years.

I'm impressed with the Teutonically efficient, no nonsense look of the scope & the clarity of the German "Schott" glass optics.

I'm going to mount it on a Savage Model 11 FCNS "Hunter" bolt action in .308 Win. which is a very accurate rifle (Accu-trigger & Accu-stock) & see what the combo will do at the range.gun)

Thanks for the info. I searched a lot of forums and did not read anything bad about them so I jumped in and bought the ZA 5 4-20x50. In fact, FedEx is dropping it off today. I am putting it on my 700PSS in 308. We'll see how it works out.

HntBambi,
Sent you a PM asking how you liked it? I'm looking at the 3-15 x42 vs the Vortex Viper in 4-12x 40. Not sure which would be better for my Savage LRH in 6.5 x 284. I was set on a Sightron Siii or Zeiss Conquest but these seem to be very good scopes for less money than either of those.

Anyone else with opinions on the Minox vs Vortex vs Zeiss or Sightron?

I've had the Za5 for about 3 months now. I like it for the most part. The only issue is the eye 'box' which seems a little picky. Other than that, tracks well, glass is great and seems solid.

So is it the side to side that is difficult? Or is the fore and aft? I'm not sure what you mean by "eye box". I'm thinking you mean eye relief but if it requires that you are perfectly aligned with the scope that is different but should be solved with a good cheek weld.

Hey NH,
Like I said in my PM, I have not fired a round while looking through this scope yet. I finally got a few guns set up and will head to the range this weekend.

I am planning out my 6.5x284 deer/pronghorn rifle right now and may go the Savage 110 route also, but I have a couple Rem 700 actions that are blueprinted awaiting barrels so it may be a Rem 700 based gun. Either way, it will likely wear a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50.

AJ

Side to side and up/down....the eye relief is right at 4", so you have to mount your scope further up the barrel.....however, I am sure for a hard 'kicker' that would be great. I have mine on a 25-06 and it is pretty good.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.