Anyone been shooting

I wish I could be shooting, but been spending the last month or so on the recliner with back issue. Lots of pain standing or even walking. MRI showed a herniated disc pressing against a nerve. Surgery scheduled for the 20th of this month. Wish me well.

I wish I could be shooting, but been spending the last month or so on the recliner with back issue. Lots of pain standing or even walking. MRI showed a herniated disc pressing against a nerve. Surgery scheduled for the 20th of this month. Wish me well.
I can no longer shoot prone and have found the tripod works well for me. If my back starts aching, I shorten it and shoot from a chair. I like shooting standing when possible.

Prayers coming to you Rick to be watched over during your procedure and protected as only our heavenly father can do

I shoot a lot, mostly at targets, and seldom further than 600 yards! Your discussion brought a question to mind. Does shooting steel create enough impact energy to throw sparks, and cause grass fires when it is very dry? Can normal bullets Start Fires?

I shoot a lot, mostly at targets, and seldom further than 600 yards! Your discussion brought a question to mind. Does shooting steel create enough impact energy to throw sparks, and cause grass fires when it is very dry? Can normal bullets Start Fires?
I have no scientific evidence but I would just have to say yes a lot of heat is generated upon impact look what a 6.5 x 2 84 with a burger hunting bullet can do to a piece of mild steel 1 inch thick at 500 yards,impact plus heat to make those holes
975D19E7-93EC-43B7-86C0-F488F4785681.jpeg

Prayers coming to you Rick to be watched over during your procedure and protected as only our heavenly father can do
Amen to that, 338 dude! I, too, will be praying for you, Mr. Rick Richard! Back surgery is always a little sketchy so will pray that HE guides the surgeon's hands. Heal up soon, sir, and get back in the saddle!

I did a quite a bit of shooting with various handguns in June. 2 revolvers: S&W model 586 and a 357 Magnum Franken-Ruger.
A bunch of different specialty pistols, but these 8 are the ones I shot the most: 6x45 XP-100, 6x47 XP-100, 6.5 Creed XP-100, 6XC HSP, 6 Creed HSP, 6mm Long Dasher XP-100, Kauger Arms-Black Widow 6.5x47 Lapua, non-designated BAT rear grip in 7mm-300 PRC.

I had surgery in November, back fission, I'm still not over it, in 2014 I had what you have, Doc shaved a little off my disc, when I woke up I could walk, dance, oh it was so good. But beware not to over do it or you could end up with what I had done in November

I had surgery in November, back fission, I'm still not over it, in 2014 I had what you have, Doc shaved a little off my disc, when I woke up I could walk, dance, oh it was so good. But beware not to over do it or you could end up with what I had done in November
Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I did a quite a bit of shooting with various handguns in June. 2 revolvers: S&W model 586 and a 357 Magnum Franken-Ruger.
A bunch of different specialty pistols, but these 8 are the ones I shot the most: 6x45 XP-100, 6x47 XP-100, 6.5 Creed XP-100, 6XC HSP, 6 Creed HSP, 6mm Long Dasher XP-100, Kauger Arms-Black Widow 6.5x47 Lapua, non-designated BAT rear grip in 7mm-300 PRC.
Dang , that's a lot , with all the crazy going on with ammo and reloading your doing good, I was stocked up for my little reloading, I would need a where house for all of that lol

That should have been fusion